S works venge stolen durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Honestly mate if you see it out just hop on it and ride into the sunset haha my plan if i see it round here is to ride it to the police station or home depending which is closest, although im pretty sure whoever is in possession of it will follow me knowing them... Cash converters has been alerted :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Have Cash Generators been alerted?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Im not aware of one round here theres two cash convertors within the area (not local) and ive alerted the odd second hand shop in the rough area that seems to get allsorts in, the owner actually said if domeone bring it in he will t*at the c*nt hahaha

classic33

Leg End Member
Im not aware of one round here theres two cash convertors within the area (not local) and ive alerted the odd second hand shop in the rough area that seems to get allsorts in, the owner actually said if domeone bring it in he will t*at the c*nt hahaha
Alert tends to get passed to all the shops. Just in case they try one, get it refused, then try another.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had the idea of buying a gps tracker leaving and leaving a bike in the same spot for a while and getting the police to track it to the house but they are around 100 quid and there is no gaurentee my bike would be at the house everyone i stopped in that area said they have had their's nicked. Fair enough they were all cheapo mtb's but it just goes to show they get nicked regularly the thief that nicked mine will have had no idea what it was and i bet they are all regretting it now
Alternate if you're still planning on this
http://www.gizmag.com/trackr-bravo-item-tracking-device/32540/

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
seems the tracking range is limited :/ i dont think it would fit inside the frame anywhere due to the circular shape, thats a shame

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Hats what i was looking at i like the top cap one, 120 is bery pricey though but well worth it, will just take ages to get the spare cash together to actually get one and get past the temptation of upgrade parts lol

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
heard off insurance today, they said after speaking to a third party ( a bike shop and valuer ) they have valued it at £380 and i need to wait yet another week for them to confirm that then up to another week to get the funds. ( i was told id have the funds lastweek) id love to know what bike shop valued an s works venge of any sort at £380 so i am truly stuck now, if anyone knows of anyone selling a used ultegra group for around 300 let me know. need to sort some cheap wheels too, so much for going into racing this year, ive already had to cancel a few events.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
done already, including one from the specialized concept store. nothing i can do about it ive tried my all since the day after it was nicked ive got photographs of each individual part and a log of the parts but no use to them apparently as they are just saying how do they know its mine and how do they know it was nicked ect... totally useless service.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
heard off insurance today, they said after speaking to a third party ( a bike shop and valuer ) they have valued it at £380 and i need to wait yet another week for them to confirm that then up to another week to get the funds. ( i was told id have the funds lastweek) id love to know what bike shop valued an s works venge of any sort at £380 so i am truly stuck now, if anyone knows of anyone selling a used ultegra group for around 300 let me know. need to sort some cheap wheels too, so much for going into racing this year, ive already had to cancel a few events.

Just ask the insurance company to provide you with a replacement S Works Venge for £380 from the bike shop they got the valuation from and see if anything turns up ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do not accept the offer. You have told them the frame retails about £2.5k..... You have photos of you with the bike. Does your home insurance have a value limit? My bikes that are over the limit are individually named.

Can't believe that offer. What sort of bike shop thinks a Venge is £380.

Top Bottom