Shortage of bricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

If there is a shortage that is not the fault of the builders, so why should they be expected to do more than was agreed in the sale.
Their not expected to do more but part of what they agree to is a moving in date ,so if they cant fulfil this then they should offer something in way of compensation if they want to keep the sale.

U

User6179

Houses are made with a wooden structure here and sometimes bricks as a facade although the facade is more often vinyl. It seems like they only take a couple of weeks to build (the concrete footing takes longer to cure) and, a fireman told me, 4 minutes to burn down.

Most houses here are similar build with kit houses now being the norm , most are put up in a day .

U

User6179

Have you've been reading timber frame manufacturer's marketing information again Ed?

Yes it is a great read ^_^
Ok it maybe takes a few weeks for the under building and a shift to build the roof structure on the ground and a couple of months to finish but the actual kit takes one day to go up .

ayceejay

Guru
I have just ridden by a house that was burned down last spring and the rebuild has just begun, the concrete foundation is in already. The, to me, churlish thing is that the old burned out house that was built on a slab has just been swept aside and the new construction is going on amidst the rubble. I used to be in the landscaping game and this just 'upsets' me.

U

User6179

I have just ridden by a house that was burned down last spring and the rebuild has just begun, the concrete foundation is in already. The, to me, churlish thing is that the old burned out house that was built on a slab has just been swept aside and the new construction is going on amidst the rubble. I used to be in the landscaping game and this just 'upsets' me.

Could they might be thinking about a big rockery once they finish ^_^

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Y'see, this is where the government should have stepped in:

People need houses, and jobs (like, say, building houses).
Builders need things to build (like, say, houses), and people to build them, and stuff to build them with.
Pension funds need solid assets that bring in good returns (houses and brickmakers).
Brickmakers need people to buy bricks (builders).

Am I the only one capable of joining the dots?

Drago

Legendary Member
Imagine UKIP came to power and somehow stopped immigration overnight. Without immigration the existing population would show a slight downward trend. What would happen to an economy so reliant on construction?

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Imagine UKIP came to power and somehow stopped immigration overnight. Without immigration the existing population would show a slight downward trend. What would happen to an economy so reliant on construction?

Well, obviously the dots that need joining up will change. So there's a need to be proactive so that all the dots that need joining get joined up.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
British passport holders would have to do everything and there aren't enough people willing or able to do some of it, and think of all those people that would have to come back here, some of them are really nasty!

Top Bottom