Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Seeing this thread has reminded me that I have this tucked away in a drawer, given to me at work probably twenty years ago, according to the box it's a Spartan.

IMG_20230430_152324.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
16828660336473777553061223818656.jpg

I've had this one for 20+ years, The Handyman, goes everywhere with me. If I'm flying anywhere though it goes into the hold luggage.
Although I have taken it and its smaller cousin on the Eurostar with no problems.
16828662714583960679447560018002.jpg

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
For those that say they use their's regularly, what do you actually use it for?

If it's at home don't you have dedicated tools for different jobs already? I'm not criticising but it would seem equivalent to having a fully equipped cycle workshop but still using a multitool for routine maintenance.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

If it's at home don't you have dedicated tools for different jobs already? I'm not criticising but it would seem equivalent to having a fully equipped cycle workshop but still using a multitool for routine maintenance
Slicing packaging tape on boxes to flatten them.

The flat headed screwdriver is the perfect size for screws on sockets and light switches

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste

If it's at home don't you have dedicated tools for different jobs already? I'm not criticising but it would seem equivalent to having a fully equipped cycle workshop but still using a multitool for routine maintenance.

Opening packages; opening bottles; tightening/loosening (some) screws; breaking down boxes; cutting paper. I think the main advantage is having it all in my pocket or nearby drawer, rather than trotting off to the garage for a tool or hunting for scissors etc.

I was mending my wife's sunglasses today and needed a small pair of tweezers to drop the screw into place - voila, Swiss Army Knife to rescue (though I did have to go to the garage for my watchmakers screwdrivers!).

So it's really about being handy and all in one place.

robjh

Legendary Member
Seeing this thread has reminded me that I have this tucked away in a drawer, given to me at work probably twenty years ago, according to the box it's a Spartan.

View attachment 687635

Looks like exactly the model that I lost recently on a train journey in Hungary, where I think it must have slipped down between the seats. I'd had it for at least 25 years. I must order a new one now - I know they don't cost that much, but I was unreasonably sad to see the old one go.

Gwylan

Veteran
Rush to the airport it was left in my carry on. Confiscated by security in Auckland. Miserable scroats would not even give it to my BiL who was visible on the other side of the barrier.

Top Bottom