Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I have the same with working scissors :smile:

I have a friend was given one of these as a leaving present

View attachment 55142

80 mostly useless tools for £250 :eek:

What a brilliant present, I'd love one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I had a treasured gift of one, which I left at a campsite whilst touring in France. I realised at the next site,50 miles later, which was too far to cycle a round trip to recover - if indeed it was still there.
On returning home I downloaded my photos and I have a visible reminder of its last resting place in one of the pictures, sitting on a log stool.
I mainly miss the pen which didn't seem to be available anymore in the Huntsman knife.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I feel inadequate now. Mines only a basic one.:cry:
DSC0001493.jpg

Originally RNLI branded (all worn off now), it's had plenty of use over the last 25 years or so.:thumbsup:

Diggs

Veteran
This reminds me of a party (many years ago), we had just left school post A Levels and had a guy who was a sort of "Gareth Keenan-soldier wanabee" there. He was trying to impress a couple of girls in the kitchen by uncorking their wine with his SAK. The corkscrew attachment broke, so he calmly pulled out his spare Swiss Army Knife.
We left the kitchen, mulling over the sort of person who carries a spare.:eek:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
This reminds me of a party (many years ago), we had just left school post A Levels and had a guy who was a sort of "Gareth Keenan-soldier wanabee" there. He was trying to impress a couple of girls in the kitchen by uncorking their wine with his SAK. The corkscrew attachment broke, so he calmly pulled out his spare Swiss Army Knife.
We left the kitchen, mulling over the sort of person who carries a spare.:eek:
Although the one person with a bottle opener (whatever it's on[1]) is a hero at most gatherings :smile:

[1] Wiggle Keyring for me, from back when they stopped doing their own jellies with your orders.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Mine is the old version of this one mine doesn't have the hook..... interesting that with discount its still the same price 1989!!!! Sad though it may be a repair/service may not be economically sensible:sad:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Champ/dp/B0001GS19U/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1409830683&sr=1-4&keywords=swiss army knife

Blimey! It's got a magnifying glass, cool. And curly out thing with the pointy bit wonder what that does?

Last edited:

Alun

Guru
I believe that is its main function.:smile:

TBH I have often wondered just what exactly it is suppose to do, I believe it can be used as a hook for carrying parcels tied up with string using the knife body as a handle sort of thing.
I suppose it is just a hook that can be used to pull or lift anything you can get the hook bit engaged with.
I always believed the hook was for lifting pans off the primus stove when bivouacking in the Alps somewhere!

Getting on for 17 years of age now. One of the most useful things is the pin, which you should just be able to see. Pictured with it's case (2nd one) and the sharpening stone I bought for it.

I've managed to avoid the great void where most Swiss Army knives go but it's predecessors and some cousins in the family have not avoided that fate.
2014-09-04 14.53.36.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This is mine--The Handyman. MrsP bought it for me about 15 years ago, it has had much use. especially the bottle opener!!

product_image.php

Top Bottom