Show us your Swiss Army Knife.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Black salami knife and a couple of single blade faves, all been with me for a long time.

image.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
http://[URL=http://s127.photobucket.com/user/AdrianC_No1/media/Misc/1409836454441_zpsb8kbp9mq.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]278987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]278987[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

That close up is good enough for me to have been able to make a copy key, I'll be round with a van next time you're out.

Attachments

• 1409836454441_zpsb8kbp9mq.jpg
    1409836454441_zpsb8kbp9mq.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4

djb1971

Legendary Member
Is it the one for your wallet?
Or chastity belt!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Never would have bought one meself - far too expensive - but my Dad got me one for my 21st birthday - best present ever. That one went round the world with me, had daily use for about 20 years, and never wore out in any way or to any degree. Probably the best single piece of engineering I've ever owned. I lost it. And bought a replacement straightaway.

knife.jpg

I use some things more than others - use the scissors all the time, the blades are both excellent and razor sharp, the magnifying glass is great, even the saw works really well - but I've used every tool on it at one time or another, with the single exception of the one for scaling a fish/removing a hook from a fish's mouth.

Every now & then I go away on a holiday and think...'am I going to need it? Nah - probably not,' and leave it behind. And I end up regretting it every time. You'd think I'd have learned by now, but unfortunately the knife is a lot, lot smarter than me.

Just on the basis of this knife I've long been convinced that the Swiss are like the uber-Germans when it comes to making things like this. It just reeks quality.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Never would have bought one meself - far too expensive - but my Dad got me one for my 21st birthday - best present ever. That one went round the world with me, had daily use for about 20 years, and never wore out in any way or to any degree. Probably the best single piece of engineering I've ever owned. I lost it. And bought a replacement straightaway.

I was told once that if you keep your SAK for a year you'll have it for life, I just assumed it was true as I've had mine for about 25 years now.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was told once that if you keep your SAK for a year you'll have it for life, I just assumed it was true as I've had mine for about 25 years now.

Interesting, I've had my bike one 14 years or so, the yellow one less than a year.

I feel a bit left out, because I haven't got a magnifying glass or hook thing.

Top Bottom