England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club - Ride 2 - February - Food, fun and frolics.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Can't make anything just yet, illness and various problems have delayed my return to 2 wheels but aiming to be back this week! Will watch the thread and see how i am before committing!

Sorry guys but I can't make the 24th as I am visiting family in Newcastle.

compo

Veteran
OT but are you going up or down Cox's Hill between Manningtree and Lawford. I used to cycle Sudbury to Lawford to visit one of my daughters, and on the homeward run I always tried to hit 60mph going down Cox's Hill but could never just coax that last couple of MPH before having to start braking for the roundabout. After that little trip down memory lane I will leave you in peace.^_^

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
OT but are you going up or down Cox's Hill between Manningtree and Lawford. I used to cycle Sudbury to Lawford to visit one of my daughters, and on the homeward run I always tried to hit 60mph going down Cox's Hill but could never just coax that last couple of MPH before having to start braking for the roundabout. After that little trip down memory lane I will leave you in peace.^_^

We're making a little detour just to go down it! I cycled down it for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and it's a beaut of a hill, but that roundabout does appear quite suddenly!

It's on Strava (of course) http://app.strava.com/segments/1030863 I'm 13 seconds behind the KOM, which puts me in 73rd place!

Mike!

Guru
The full distance has come slightly too early for me on my quest to get the legs up to par again. The wife is out for Birthday drinks the night before so depending on how she is I may join up for one leg but I suspect she will be a little worse for wear. Meaning I will be on kiddie duties!!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The full distance has come slightly too early for me on my quest to get the legs up to par again. The wife is out for Birthday drinks the night before so depending on how she is I may join up for one leg but I suspect she will be a little worse for wear. Meaning I will be on kiddie duties!!

Excellent! I'll PM you my mobile number so you can text (don't call, I'll call you if I need to) to find out where we are.

I might use the Glympse service to post a link on here so that folk can see where we are.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think I will take a snow check on this one

There's only a teeny weeny bit of snow forecast :smile:

weather.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I'm up for Pt 2/3: no kids, so I don't get up the same time as you lot.

I'll let you have my new mobile no. (you called me on the old one tonight) and perhaps you can let me know as you head back into Ippy: I'm only 10 mins from "Granny".

Top Bottom