England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club - Ride 2 - February - Food, fun and frolics.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We managed 80 miles on this ride then I ran out of time. We took a nice leisurely pace though.

In the end no other CCers could make it but a nice chap called Sean from the Ipswich Single Speed and Fixed group on Facebook introduced himself and we headed out on the first segment of the ride. One of his mates joined us for the second segment on a bike he'd borrowed twenty minutes earlier. Here's a photo of my two new mates in Orford.

uploadfromtaptalk1361719786206.jpg

The ride was COLD, which has confirmed my desire to buy some proper winter boots.

mattobrien

Guru
Good work sir. I managed to pop out after lunch, but due to having consumed a roast dinner moments earlier and it being a little windy, it wasn't the fastest jaunt I have ever undertaken.

Meh to winter boots, bridgedale socks, normal shoes and neoprene overshoes and my feet were toasty. I do believe the key is having nothing too tight so the blood can flow.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Well done! I went up to Framlingham this morning and managed a PB of over 50 miles - this bodes well for joining you on future spins. (And yes, it was tad cold!)

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Good work sir. I managed to pop out after lunch, but due to having consumed a roast dinner moments earlier and it being a little windy, it wasn't the fastest jaunt I have ever undertaken.

Meh to winter boots, bridgedale socks, normal shoes and neoprene overshoes and my feet were toasty. I do believe the key is having nothing too tight so the blood can flow.

Makes sense, I tried those Spesh shoes today and the look pedals are great but I think I need bigger footwear :smile:

Top Bottom