Tesco mis -pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
For a general shop yes but there are usually some good deals to be found. If you get their card and register on the web site you should get a free newspaper a day plus quite likely a couple of offers to pick each week, 2 pints of milk for 75p being one that typically crops up for me.

Our nearest branch of Waitrose is thirty-six miles away.

Mike_P

Guru
I’d say for many things no more so these days than Sainsburys

It's often slight but still adds up - 5 oranges £1.60 Waitrose £1.50 Sainsbury's
Not that I usually pay full price anyway normally, did nominally pay £1.50 in Asda this week but then did use a £2 voucher on a shop totalling £7.50. Now 89p in Aldi until the 13th.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t bother, I have some. Small, sharp, tough

I gave up buying Aldi oranges apart from Navals as they were all soo tough and tasteless.

Nibor

Bewildered
It’s illegal to do that. If it doesn’t match the shelf edge price (not the Clubcard price) then you are entitled to the shelf edge price. No point morning here. Sort it out in store.

Not actually they do not have to legally honor the shelf edge price it is an invitation to treat they can simply refuse to sell it to you. However customer service would make them lean to a less harsh response and honour the price.

For a general shop yes but there are usually some good deals to be found. If you get their card and register on the web site you should get a free newspaper a day plus quite likely a couple of offers to pick each week, 2 pints of milk for 75p being one that typically crops up for me.

Is that free newspaper offer back? It used to be spend £10 or more and get a free paper. I have a Waitrose about 6 miles away in nearby Sherborne and 9 miles away in Crewkerne. I did a recent shop there that cost £3 buying short life discounted products. I got my free coffee which was great and also they were giving away free flowers at the time so I got a bunch of those included. Waitrose is pretty much setup value wise not to buy much in there. They are only competitive on price for perhaps 5% of their items. I use them for free parking in Sherborne, you get 1 1/2hrs for free and I use 45 minutes for looking around the shops and 45 minutes or less for doing a little tiny Waitrose shop to get the free coffee basically. I have had some real bargains for short life reductions when I've gone in later in the day.

We don't have a Waitrose anywhere near
and the nearest SainsBury's is miles away

although they apparently did have a call centre just up the road - only know because they have just announced they are closing it down

such things are too good for the like of us gov

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My local Lidl place Pot Noodles immediatley next to their cheap own brand version. They use the same colour pots as well. If you're not careful it's easy to accidentally buy the more expensive one.

I'm a big fan of Lidl. They offer some good quality products at a far better price than the likes of Sains.

And an interesting selection of non-food items too, such as power tools and pot-noodles.

Mike_P

Guru
Is that free newspaper offer back? It used to be spend £10 or more and get a free paper. I have a Waitrose about 6 miles away in nearby Sherborne and 9 miles away in Crewkerne. I did a recent shop there that cost £3 buying short life discounted products. I got my free coffee which was great and also they were giving away free flowers at the time so I got a bunch of those included. Waitrose is pretty much setup value wise not to buy much in there. They are only competitive on price for perhaps 5% of their items. I use them for free parking in Sherborne, you get 1 1/2hrs for free and I use 45 minutes for looking around the shops and 45 minutes or less for doing a little tiny Waitrose shop to get the free coffee basically. I have had some real bargains for short life reductions when I've gone in later in the day.

They replaced the spend £10 to get a free newspaper with weekly vouchers via email link to their web site or through the mobile app. Each week I get a free newspaper a day if I so choose, Saturday definitely. Also usually a set of discount offers to pick two of. They have recently allowed you to unpick and repick those to cover for anything being out of stock. Last week annoyingly I only got two complimentary offers on items I do not buy when I was expecting six to pick from. Trusting this Wednesday sees six appear.

postman

Legendary Member
I am having more fruit than cake and chocolate these days,and the local Aldi is my port of call.Good value.

Top Bottom