The building of my second CCCF (FM 015)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
This ^ while commendable for having good go at the ride in to work is not always a safe idea on the commute.

You have a fixed, why not commute on that and work on looking ahead and planning a bit more on the road, it's safer and the quality of the work out will probably be better as well.

It's a SS not fixed tho

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1471779"]
Your average speed is high teens for the commute despite you having to stop at loads of lights? Are you Steve Austin?[/quote]

Nop - happy to offer some garmin stats if people don't believe what I'm saying

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
After getting the headset on I spent 45 mins doing the rest until I got it like this !

5ec0e611-cdfc-33f4.jpg

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Stems on upside down again (for an aggresive ride, okay for a shopping bike though). Imo, the bars could do with being tilted up so they point through the rear brake too and then the hoods placing appropriatelly! Saddle needs leveling also :tongue:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Stems on upside down again (for an aggresive ride, okay for a shopping bike though). Imo, the bars could do with being tilted up so they point through the rear brake too and then the hoods placing appropriatelly! Saddle needs leveling also

It's a case of cobbling it together - then sorting it :-)

montage

God Almighty
I guess

But this whole bike is built from the Pina refund , so it's N+1 for free and to me that's good, I also get chance to play with a really aggressive frame, If I can be hitting an average over 22mph on the commute than it might be worth trying out a race or 2, as it is my commutes average between 17 & 19 mph average

If you can average 19 mph, I reckon you could hold onto the pack in a cat 4 race...or indeed put out a decent time trial. All these race worthy bikes begging to be raced :biggrin: .... if of course that is what you wish to do, I'm just saying I think you will do fine if you take the plunge now, just be realistic with your aims (don't expect for a sub 21minute ten miler on your first go!...though by all means aim for it)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
If you can average 19 mph, I reckon you could hold onto the pack in a cat 4 race...or indeed put out a decent time trial. All these race worthy bikes begging to be raced .... if of course that is what you wish to do, I'm just saying I think you will do fine if you take the plunge now, just be realistic with your aims (don't expect for a sub 21minute ten miler on your first go!...though by all means aim for it)

I'm holding off because I don't want to make myself look an idiot on my first go - once my eating and nutrition is sorted I know I could fly then :-)

Top Bottom