The building of my second CCCF (FM 015)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just flip the stem, but add a couple of spacers under it at first till you are happy with the position - On and one or two on top for now before the final steerer cut is made.

Get the tape measure out and compare reach etc with your other bikes.

Bars look about the angle I set mine - you've got the levers on in about the right place - exact positioning varies with rider, but the straight line from bars to hoods is a good starter.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Those bars are fugly.

Give it a rest. It's personal preference. :whistle: The ones Gaz have are anatomic .

There are many shapes and sizes. My preferences are deep drop classic bends on my two old road bikes (i.e. Cinelli 66's) or my fixed has the semi-anatomic Ritchey WCS Logic 2's. I personally don't get on with the anatomic ones, but find the Logic 2 shape fine, and actually prefer it to the classic bend these days.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Total time average speed today was 17.7 mph, 3 red lights, 3 I had to slow for.
How long was the ride?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The shorter the ride the more impressive that time would be. And the longer the ride the less impressive.
It's a good average for that distance :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You have that backwards surely?

With 3 traffic lights, no.
On an open road it's easier to keep a higher average speed, if you have to keep stopping and starting it's harder.

When i leave work i have about 6 sets of lights which are always against me and it takes me 5mins to travel less than a mile. My average at that point is appalling. If i was to average 17mph through that then it would be VERY good.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
With 3 traffic lights, no.
On an open road it's easier to keep a higher average speed, if you have to keep stopping and starting it's harder.

When i leave work i have about 6 sets of lights which are always against me and it takes me 5mins to travel less than a mile. My average at that point is appalling. If i was to average 17mph through that then it would be VERY good.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying that for eg an average speed of say 30mph over a mile would be more impressive than 30mph over 10Miles.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
looks bloody awful that bike, Gaz. As I'm such a nice chap, and reasonably local too, I can pop over and take it off your hands for you if you like. No charge either, just glad to help out. :biggrin: :whistle:

Top Bottom