The building of my second CCCF (FM 015)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The way zoiders , Dr s, TMC et el go on you'd think it was a baldness BSO

The way zoiders , Dr s, TMC et el go on you'd think it was a baldness BSO

I never said the bike looked bad at all, wtf

I'm not even sure what a "baldness BSO" is, because its simple? no logos? no tape? :/

Quite honestly I am sure many others agree that wheels would have been a better investment and the tidbit about simply screwing on a fixed sprocket was helpful :/

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I never said the bike looked bad at all, wtf

I'm not even sure what a "baldness BSO" is, because its simple? no logos? no tape? :/

Quite honestly I am sure many others agree that wheels would have been a better investment and the tidbit about simply screwing on a fixed sprocket was helpful :/

The fixed comment I appreciated

It's what was said in chat that I didn't

But hey ho

It was a typo for Halfords Damn iPhone !

iTypo

Anyway im not sure who ever suggested it was a BSO just because its a chink special - many others and this has been dicussed in chat are or would consider one (and carbonzone wheels), I would get the TT frame if it wasn't so ugly on the steerer tube and I have no need for a new carbon road frame yet - I think my current can live it out a bit longer (wheels first tbqh).

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The fixed comment I appreciated

It's what was said in chat that I didn't

But hey ho

I dont know what was said in chat this particular time that has got you so riled, however (going for the all out honesty route) yes people (myself included) have discussed certain things regarding you in chat, those things have typically included:

A) That you seem to have been buying and selling a whole lot of bikes in the last 6 months or so and some discussion of this rationale.
B) That some of your purchases dont seem particularly smart in terms of performance gain per pound spent (it is widely aknowledged and commonly stated in chat that whatever suits you is fine, but people have differing opinions and will express them when given a free flowing, fast moving medium like a pub or chatroom) and that you seem to have a thing for "aggresive".
C) Typical trolling (happens to all of us)
D) Most prevalantly, a genuine expression of concern for your wellbeing due to what appears (based on several of your recent threads) to be a trend of under-eating and over exercising etc and certain members of the forum appearing to encourage you in such endeavors without realising that some of your trends might actually be dangeous.
E) That you appear to brush a lot of the smaller but equally important aspects of your health and fitness etc under the carpet whilst focusing on the big things, i.e. you seem to be a "big picture" man, not one for the details.

If you wonder why people say it in chat and not out on the forum, well its quite simple (other than the nature of free flow, fast paced chat), a lot of people have a lot of admiration for you (including those who have talked about you in chat) and people feel that if they are to say things on the forum that they may encounter a "fan club" attitude and just be shouted down. Other than that maybe people feel rude to just hit you up in a pm that you may be offended by, even if the intention is good!

I do not recall anyone ever suggesting that the chinese bike frames are BSO's. I personally wouldnt buy one, I dont fancy having to try to sort out warrantly claims with someone in China, having no crash replacement scheme, having no face to face communication, most likely a lesser level of quality control and the ugly (IMO) carbon weave. Does that mean the bike is poor, hell no, just that I would not buy one. I also wouldnt buy a Specialized or a genuine Pinarello either!

If I have missed something, then please do tell!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I dont know what was said in chat this particular time that has got you so riled, however (going for the all out honesty route) yes people (myself included) have discussed certain things regarding you in chat, those things have typically included:

A) That you seem to have been buying and selling a whole lot of bikes in the last 6 months or so and some discussion of this rationale.
B) That some of your purchases dont seem particularly smart in terms of performance gain per pound spent (it is widely aknowledged and commonly stated in chat that whatever suits you is fine, but people have differing opinions and will express them when given a free flowing, fast moving medium like a pub or chatroom) and that you seem to have a thing for "aggresive".
C) Typical trolling (happens to all of us)
D) Most prevalantly, a genuine expression of concern for your wellbeing due to what appears (based on several of your recent threads) to be a trend of under-eating and over exercising etc and certain members of the forum appearing to encourage you in such endeavors without realising that some of your trends might actually be dangeous.
E) That you appear to brush a lot of the smaller but equally important aspects of your health and fitness etc under the carpet whilst focusing on the big things, i.e. you seem to be a "big picture" man, not one for the details.

If you wonder why people say it in chat and not out on the forum, well its quite simple (other than the nature of free flow, fast paced chat), a lot of people have a lot of admiration for you (including those who have talked about you in chat) and people feel that if they are to say things on the forum that they may encounter a "fan club" attitude and just be shouted down. Other than that maybe people feel rude to just hit you up in a pm that you may be offended by, even if the intention is good!

I do not recall anyone ever suggesting that the chinese bike frames are BSO's. I personally wouldnt buy one, I dont fancy having to try to sort out warrantly claims with someone in China, having no crash replacement scheme, having no face to face communication, most likely a lesser level of quality control and the ugly (IMO) carbon weave. Does that mean the bike is poor, hell no, just that I would not buy one. I also wouldnt buy a Specialized or a genuine Pinarello either!

If I have missed something, then please do tell!

I'll reply to this monster of a post when I'm on a pc :-)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Actually

I'm not gonna say another work ( till provoked again) this topic is about the building of a carbon bike on the cheap, people now know I know what mud they were ( are ) throwing, I'm not gonna fuel the fire no longer

Rob I respect you, you & Colin were right, I've upped my intake to around 2200 cals a day and I know cycle approx 20 miles a day , I'm feeling better and me weight is stable now between 13st 5 lbs and 13st 7lbs, my times are getting quicker, I'm feeling stronger and I'm riding better, so I do take note of what (some) people say, this is a learning curve for me, weight loss , food , not losing too much, maintenance etc etc etc

I'm far from perfect but I've only been learning for 3 years !!!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Actually

I'm not gonna say another work ( till provoked again) this topic is about the building of a carbon bike on the cheap, people now know I know what mud they were ( are ) throwing, I'm not gonna fuel the fire no longer

Rob I respect you, you & Colin were right, I've upped my intake to around 2200 cals a day and I know cycle approx 20 miles a day , I'm feeling better and me weight is stable now between 13st 5 lbs and 13st 7lbs, my times are getting quicker, I'm feeling stronger and I'm riding better, so I do take note of what (some) people say, this is a learning curve for me, weight loss , food , not losing too much, maintenance etc etc etc

I'm far from perfect but I've only been learning for 3 years !!!

Good for you mate :smile: I admire your determination hugely and trust me three years after beating the demon is nothing. Baby steps and all that :smile: Look at it this way you are in effect teaching your body to need and enjoy food something that usually only happens as a baby when brain development is very different indeed.

Kudos to you. You know you need to eat far more though right?

Top Bottom