The Wild West Pie Day 11th of June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was on the Bristol end of the path today, (last time until Sat), and there was a digger near the tunnel, not sure if that was just temporary, and they are painting the bridge by the city acedemy but there seemed to be plenty of room to pass. But near the end , next to where they recently widened the constricted part, it looks like they are rebuilding a wall and so have reduced the width there.

Also noticed the sweeper on the path this morning (S. Glos side) so they are obviously aware of our planned ride and we're just sprucing it up for us!:okay:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
At the Easton end of the path they have finally got around to fixing the recently widened bit and earlier this week, uncovered a buried service which looks as if it has been encased in concrete. Still Ok down here, I ride through every day. I'll bet that new art on the bridge shuttering will get vadalised in about five minutes after it's finished though...:blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
At the Easton end of the path they have finally got around to fixing the recently widened bit and earlier this week, uncovered a buried service which looks as if it has been encased in concrete. Still Ok down here, I ride through every day. I'll bet that new art on the bridge shuttering will get vadalised in about five minutes after it's finished though...:blush:
Yes that's the bit I meant ... I just assumed the concrete was footings for a new wall.

The tunnel has been lovely and cool this week... A place to dawdle through!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I too am bowing out i am afraid. It's been a really lovely but busy week down here in the West Country and i am at the point of falling over.

I know you will all have a great time and i'm looking forward to seeing the photos.
Ditto. I'll see if I can get out to get some pie though. :hungry: Hope a meet up / ride in the SW becomes a regular thing of the future.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
[QUOTE 4314928, member: 76"]Oh dear this is all falling apart a little isn't it?

Does someone want to pick a date in the future and try again?[/QUOTE]
Go ahead as a trial run and we can have another go in the late summer or autumn?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
[QUOTE 4314924, member: 45"]This isn't going well is it? My gran (101) died a few days ago and we have family stuff to do at the weekend, so I think I'm going to struggle to make it.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Still willing if the other 3 or 4 still want to!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was planning to attend and have no reason to cancel, but if others felt they wanted to knock it on the head I would understand. A bit tied up until 10.30 ish, that is all..Is anyone actually coming from Bath now ? Is it a case of @Spinney and @summerdays and I bowling down from South Glos along the railway path on our own ?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Well gang, I'll pop down to Warmley Station for my customary bottle of nice Dandelion & Burdock, sit on the platform opposite my bike and wait....^_^. If nobody approaches me by say, 11.45 ish, I'll pootle on somewhere. It's no great hassle for me, the path is on my doorstep and I may nip out to B&Q if nowt 'appening.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sounds like 11.15 ish at Warmley is the place to meet.
@summerdays - are you still suffering from your cold?
I think @User76 is still coming up from Bath.
Still sniffling... (sneezing etc) but not actually feeling really unwell. However I could see myself wimping out if they predicted any of that torrential rain they have had elsewhere around the country.... one app says 3 mm for Sat (mind you it gives 5 for today and so far it's been bone dry).

Top Bottom