Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We used to get the water from a well in the next village.
You were lucky!

D

Deleted member 1258

Something I was thinking about on our coach trip, the ashtray that used to be built into the back of the seat in front of you, on our coach for our trip this week it had been replaced by a cup holder.

I used to go to the library to find out about things. At least they don't crash and are not full of adverts.

D

Deleted member 1258

I used to go to the library to find out about things. At least they don't crash and are not full of adverts.

Yes I was changing chainrings and fitting a new chain this afternoon, whilst I was setting up the front changer I was on the internet with the park tool site open at front changer setup, years ago I would have been checking what I was doing with a book.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Things we used to do.....attend lectures...

In my first year at university I quickly became estranged from maths lectures and reintroduced myself to them around six weeks before the exams. I commented to a fellow coursemate upon the change of lecturer to which he responded: "He's the fourth one since the start of the course"

My pure maths re-sit beckoned.....
I took a term off for one module during my 2nd yr at uni... I did the essays and exams, but didn't go to lectures. Nobody noticed... I got a decent degree too. :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Over the last few weeks we've been having a bit of a sort out, clearing out drawers and cupboards, amongst the stuff that needed chucking out were old documents with personal details on them, bank statements old bills and stuff, I've just spent a quarter of an hour putting these through the shredder, something I wouldn't have even thought about years ago

I can remember when I was young in the 50's being given a spoonful of a brown syrup a bit like Bovril but slightly sweet and granular in texture. I don't know what it was as I was too young.

Top Bottom