Todays winge about greek Yoghurt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pauldavid

Veteran
(I quite like low fat Greek yoghurt) :blush:

Statements like that will quickly make you a social leper!!!

Or it bloody well should do anyway.

London Female

Über Member
[rant]
The local supermarket has stopped stocking 'normal' greek yoghurt, in favor of only LOW FAT greek yoghurt. I asked why and the lady there told me because nobody buys the full fat anymore.
So I got to wondering why....and then I took a look around, and out in the car park....full of overweight people stuffing as much low fat food as they can into cars for likely walkable or rideable trips home. The majority of peeps it would appear (but I doubt it personally) seem to demand low fat no sugar products to the extent that normal food isnt selling...so if people wanted 'proper food' for want of a better word, they cant because of the general obesity malaise afflicting, at least this, local society.

I may be sending a strongly worded letter to the greek yoghurt regulation autority...but then again....I may just get on with my life...[/rant]

I love Greek yoghurt and bought some today. Low fat for me too though and am one of the overweight who stuff their trolleys full of low fat food, I did at least cycle the 2 miles to the supermarket though :smile:

yello

re coffee and croissants, did you know that it's not to be taken for granted to get the two together in a café here in France?

Sounds weird, I know, but whilst there are fabulous boulangeries here and good coffee to be had in most cafés, to have coffee and cake from the same place is not at all common, certainly not in my neck of the woods.

Just yesterday I stopped for a coffee and asked if they had a 'casse croute' (snack) or croissant peut-etre, the bemused reply was that they only had the normal lunch menu. For whatever reason, the cake stop/tea shop is uncommon. A business opportunity perhaps?

Well, let's look at this. We're talking about a pint of yoghurt. Yoghurt is made from milk, some powdered milk, a culture, and sometimes some sugar. Even if the combination of milk and powdered milk meant that a pint of yoghurt had 2 pints worth of milk fat in it, that's not an awful lot of fat. The difference between semi skimmed and full fat milk is of the order of 2.5% fat to 5% fat, roughly. So, your claim that obesity is caused by manufacturers adding sugar to replace the missing fat wouldn't really apply to Greek yoghurt, especially considering how little of it people eat at a time. Would anyone eat more than a quarter of a pint 2 or 3 times a week? One person> 1 pint of the stuff a week, max. Agreed? Well, that amounts to sugar replacing a maximum of 1 fluid ounce of fat (cream), per week.

I think that keeping this all in perspective may be sensible.

You didn't read it fully. My comment is responding to BOAB's reference to people buying low fat food generally, not just Greek yoghurt in isolation, but still becoming obese. I have not claimed people are getting fat by just eating low fat yoghurt.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
well...we could say that the entire nation is obese because of greek yoghurt.....that would be reasonable surely?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Alternatively ...

407657b.jpg
Made just up the road from here. I think they recycle battery acid as a flavour enhancer.

Top Bottom