Tour of Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Being the proud new owner of a Union Jack and newly into pro cycling, I'm thinking about going down to London for the Tour of Britain prologue.

Anyone else likely to be there? Where's the best place to be? Do I literally stand by the side of the road with my banner and camera? Never been to watch a pro race before.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Make sure you get a boat to go with it. Sounds exciting though, good for you. I'm looking forward to the vuelta though, a more armchair fan.

mondobongo

Über Member
Up by the finishing line is obviously always a good place to be, one of the corners will be exciting as they fly around. I enjoy watching circuit racing on a straight as you can see them coming hear them and then they whir their way past and you can hear the chattering and argie bargie.

Get there early have a mooch around theres normally some freebies on offer and claim your place on the barriers. Be ready with your camera as its so much faster in real life enjoy it should be a good stage given its 10 laps of a new circuit.

Is Stage 5 not going anywhere near you Cathryn?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm off to stage 5, starting in Hull. It'll be my 1st visit to pro cycling since the city centre cycling in 1990. I'm hoping to get somewhere near the start in Hull, then cycle upto Hornsea & catch them coming past again :smile:
What kind of freebies tend to be given away ?

yenrod

Wouldnt an England/George-Cross flag be better!

I was checking out when it finishes thinking it'd be on a wk.day but turns out its on a Sun. in 2wks so dont have to get time off work. :smile:

yenrod

Cathryn;379917][QUOTE=yenrod said:
Wouldnt an England/George-Cross flag be better QUOTE]

Probably..but I want to get value for money from my Olympic investment :smile:

How much juh shell out?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
£4.99!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cathryn said:

As much as that! You should of waited or got one early, they would only be half that normally!!

Unfortunatly, the time when someone is cycling over to a part of the stage is the first wednesday i am back at school. Asked mum if that could be a day i could be sick, was told NO!:smile:

TVC

It's always worth going to the start for the sign in, you get to see much more of the riders and Hugh Porter will be doing interviews with those you want to hear from.

Hugo15

Über Member
Joe24 said:
As much as that! You should of waited or got one early, they would only be half that normally!!

Unfortunatly, the time when someone is cycling over to a part of the stage is the first wednesday i am back at school. Asked mum if that could be a day i could be sick, was told NO!:biggrin:

That's a bit harsh. You won't be doing much on your first day :biggrin:

Top Bottom