Tour of Britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

Every year it has come through my town. Not sure if I should watch it at my road end or go somewhere along the route this year.

surfgurl

The South West stage ends in my town. Hopefully I will be able to see it and then cycle off to work. The council have assured us the potholes on the local roads are not the bits the cyclists will be using and that the Tour of Britain people are happy with the road surfaces. I think I would change to fat tyres myself.

Mortiroloboy

surfgurl said:
The South West stage ends in my town. Hopefully I will be able to see it and then cycle off to work. The council have assured us the potholes on the local roads are not the bits the cyclists will be using and that the Tour of Britain people are happy with the road surfaces. I think I would change to fat tyres myself.

;);)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
surfgurl said:
The council have assured us the potholes on the local roads are not the bits the cyclists will be using and that the Tour of Britain people are happy with the road surfaces. I think I would change to fat tyres myself.
Heh ;)

The ToB could always nip up Sandy Lane in Haslington if they wanted a true "Enfer du Cheshire" experience...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Cathryn said:
Being the proud new owner of a Union Jack and newly into pro cycling, I'm thinking about going down to London for the Tour of Britain prologue.

Anyone else likely to be there? Where's the best place to be? Do I literally stand by the side of the road with my banner and camera? Never been to watch a pro race before.

I will be there Cathryn. The events start at 10.30 with a race for premier cyclists I believe, The riders sign on at 1300 and the racing gets under way around 1400. There will be loads of people there so get there early to get a good spot. Anywhere along the Embankment or around Westminster Bridge/ Parliament Square will be excellent as will up around Tower Hill.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just found out the ToB is coming past my front door, quite lidderally like! Will try to take some snaps on the day to post up! :smile:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
They come about 1/4 mile from my house, as they did a couple of years ago. We went out to watch them then, and it was fun, but VERY fast and VERY quick !!!!

Andrew

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hugo15 said:
That's a bit harsh. You won't be doing much on your first day :smile:

Will be 3rd day back:sad:
I told mum that school isnt that important, i was told otherwise! :laugh:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Soltydog said:
I'm off to stage 5, starting in Hull. It'll be my 1st visit to pro cycling since the city centre cycling in 1990. I'm hoping to get somewhere near the start in Hull, then cycle upto Hornsea & catch them coming past again :laugh:
What kind of freebies tend to be given away ?

What are you going to race them?:smile:

Okm Kingston upon Hull 10:00
10km Barton-upon-Humber : Sprint 10:45
15km Barrow-upon-Humber 10:50
30km South Ferriby 11:10
53km Beverley 11:45
74km Hornsea 12:15
96km Bridlington : Sprint 12:45
116km Filey 13:15
126km Scarborough : Sprint 13:35
138km Falsgrave : KOM 13:45
152km North Side : KOM 14:05
155km Dalby Forest : KOM 14:10
168km Dalby Forest Visitor Centre 14

Actually it will be about 20 miles (Hull to Hornsea) - we can practice at the weekend!!!

Also Best of all this year, for the first time, there’s a chance for you to come and have a go at the route yourself as Tour of Britain launches the first ever Tour Ride on 21st September.To find out more about that head to

www.tour-ride.co.uk

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On Wednesday, 10th the Tour starts in Worcester. I am not sure whether to watch it there. Or go to Bewdley. I would catch the train to Kidderminster, taxi to Bewdley, then I would not need to think about parking. Then catch the Steam Train back to Kidderminster, testing out the refreshment facilities on the way. Decisions, decisions.:smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
What are you going to race them?:biggrin:

Okm Kingston upon Hull 10:00

74km Hornsea 12:15

Actually it will be about 20 miles (Hull to Hornsea) - we can practice at the weekend!!!

I'm planning on racing them & winning :biggrin: They are going the long way round tho. I can do Hull to Hornsea in under an hour on the road :?: I'm guessing it will be a bit busy near the start tho, so may have to leave my bike locked up at work, rather than carting it round with me?
Cant do the stage ride on 21st Sept as i'll be away in the big smoke for the weekend :sad:

trio25

Über Member
I'm planning on riding out to the Southport to watch them fly past on the last stage. Saw them a few years ago on Waddington Fell, hills are definetly the best place as they are going a bit slower and are more spread out.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I see on the official site that the first KoM competition is on Tower Bridge! Are they going to leave the bridge up:wacko:

Mr Phoebus

Soltydog said:
What kind of freebies tend to be given away ?

The Shimano lanyards and the Eon bidons are really decent.
If they hand you a bidon just say... can I have another or else the kids will only fight over it. They always comply. Bawahahahaha.

Top Bottom