UK SUV Petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Had a little chuckle this morning in Heathrow business parking watching Mr. Fourbyfour try his vehicle in several parking spaces that he couldn't use because of all the other bloated vehicles...for all I know he may still be going round.
I slotted the C1 in the first spot he failed and hopped on the shuttle-bus....

I actually find this great entertainment at times.

Winking emojis are over-used imo.

This isnt a general rant thread!

;-)

mustang1

Legendary Member
People buy SUVs (as with most luxury based thing I suppose) with their heart. They might talk about safety this or that, but I don't buy that. Most people I spoke to with SUVs bought it because "it gives me a high up seating position" or "I feel like a king".

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
People buy SUVs (as with most luxury based thing I suppose) with their heart. They might talk about safety this or that, but I don't buy that. Most people I spoke to with SUVs bought it because "it gives me a high up seating position" or "I feel like a king".

Can’t speak for anyone else, but, I would plead guilty to that. Before buying a car, I usually research the specifications, road reports, etc, then, I buy something I think looks good. 😊

My wife buys on colour alone, she neither knows or cares about brand or model. 😊

Can’t speak for anyone else, but, I would plead guilty to that. Before buying a car, I usually research the specifications, road reports, etc, then, I buy something I think looks good. 😊

My wife buys on colour alone, she neither knows or cares about brand or model. 😊

Which is how BL agreed to buy this for him and Mrs BL to drive:
Nd9GcS6pcZy9c-fE5E-cm06bVzsergbp0_AyIYkqg&usqp=CAU.jpg

icowden

Veteran
Most people I spoke to with SUVs bought it because "it gives me a high up seating position" or "I feel like a king".
Whereas most people I know with SUVs bought one because "we needed the boot space for the kids, and the space in the rear seat to fit child seats, children and occasionally pensioners".

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Whereas most people I know with SUVs bought one because "we needed the boot space for the kids, and the space in the rear seat to fit child seats, children and occasionally pensioners".

I bought a Passat estate for exactly those reasons and it does the job perfectly. 😁

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't like SUVs myself and am generally happy to criticise but they are good for older people. My parents changed an Astra for a Kia Soul purely because it's easier to get in and out of it as my Dad had hip and back problems.

The Soul isn't a bad car at all, but the boot isn't as large or as practical as it should be.

icowden

Veteran
Paris holding SUV referendum today
On parking.

Also, the parking charges won't apply to anyone living or working in Paris, tradespeople, healthworkers. taxi drivers or the disabled.
The charges only apply to ICE / Hybrids over 1.6T and EVs over 2T.

Complaints about the referendum are that SUV isn't defined and the charges would also affect family sized coupés and estate cars.
The rationale for the charges is to reduce pollution which makes no sense as it includes EVs.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Complaints about the referendum are that SUV isn't defined and the charges would also affect family sized coupés and estate cars.
The rationale for the charges is to reduce pollution which makes no sense as it includes EVs.

So it will reduce visiting vehicles from medium or large family size upwards, regardless of energy source; reducing noise, congestion and journey times for residents, reducing delays for public transport, deliveries, emergency vehicles, etc.

Sounds fantastic, more of that here please.

Top Bottom