Well known/famous things, buildings or places you have been associated with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yes, sorry, a clear under achiever.

I'm only teasing, I can't tell you how ridiculously thrilled I was to see my name on a patent.

Reactions: TVC

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was the first person to have private photos published of Princess Marie of Denmark after her wedding to Prince Jochim.

I happened to pass by a side gate to Schankenborg Slot, while the worlds press were at the main gate. Princess Marie was in jeans and t shirt, saying her farewells to some guests. I snapped a few photos and was stopped by a guy from a national newspaper who offered to buy the photos.

They published 3 and the paid me £80 each.

Steve Lindley......Royal Photographer.

Last edited:
Nothing.

I feel a failure.

Everyone has been involved - you just have not realised it yet

I was "involved" in the design of the Trice recumbent range
I used to break them and Peter Ross would then modify the design to prevent someone else doing the same.

I have also had contributions in the same way to a modification on the HP Velotechnik Gekko and Catrike Expedition

In both these cases later frames have had gussets or similar added after my "input"

[QUOTE 4531721, member: 76"]
5057731_6a00abf9.jpg

I locked the door on the last shift on Cedar Ward at Roundway Hospital when the ward closed during the move to Care in the Community, after 142 years. The next day we all started work in either Savernake Hospital or Seymour Clinic.[/QUOTE]

Similar.

I locked the door on the Nuclear Medicine Department at Haslar, and as part of the PFI Team designed my present department

This is from an "Urban Exploration site" which wrongly labels it as an MRI, when it is in fact my old Park Gamma Camera as it is today:

a7419.jpg

(Note- it is a selfie by the photographer. We did remove all patients before locking the door )

This is my old Radiopharmacy where I used to manufacture radioactive injection for the patients:

a7421.jpg

The old Assay Laboratory:

a7446.jpg

Attachments

• 5057731_6a00abf9.jpg
    5057731_6a00abf9.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
  • a7419.jpg
    a7419.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 33
  • a7421.jpg
    a7421.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 30
  • a7446.jpg
    a7446.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back in the 1970's i developed a childrens card game called top trumps, i sold the rights worldwide and made millions.
So consider yourself double top trumped.

Some or all of the above could be made up.
I was the last man in England to be hanged.

Salar

A fish out of water
A couple of building I've designed the structures for in the past.

The building below is the old Hong Kong Exhibition Centre and was designed to display different building materials, cladding, finishes etc. hence the mixture of colours, materials and building style.
Designed as being fully demountable the building was later completely disassembled bolt by bolt and rebuilt a few hundred yards down the road.

HK.jpg

The structure below was at Gatwick and at the time the largest tail dock in the world designed to maintain the tail areas of wide bodied aircraft from B747's down to B727's.
Comprising of two halves moved using crane bogies on railway tracks set in the apron.
The internal platforms move vertically and horizontally using hydraulic scissor lifts and screwjacks.

It was used on TV and in films for the cops to chase baddies up and down the stairs and platforms.
img353.jpg

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I built these...... Well, sort of :blush:. My contribution was to drive the lorry which transported the leading edge wing flaps from Spirit Aviation in Prestwick, to the Airbus plant near Chester (but over the border into North Wales) where the wings are built before being taken to Toulouse and bolted on to the rest of the aircraft. Due to their length, the trailer was 60 feet long instead of the normal 45 feet. Entertaining at roundabouts, and there were some motorway services where you could get in - but couldn't get through!
It was a good number, but unfortunately the sub contractors involved were pi** takers who had no qualms about cancelling shifts at zero notice (and zero money to the driver), while conversely expecting you to turn out with 10 minutes notice. They tried it once too often for my liking and I said farewell.

760x211-A380-airborne.jpg

Attachments

• 760x211-A380-airborne.jpg
    760x211-A380-airborne.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Top Bottom