Well known/famous things, buildings or places you have been associated with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Perhaps not universally famous, but here is my patent being used in a Fluke product.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uken/Digital-Multimeters/Fluke-233.htm?PID=56054
I owe you my life on several occasions !

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4532877, member: 9609"]No body has ever trusted me with anything like that - have shifted a lot of timber for pulping, so may be I have helped create some extra soft bog roll.[/QUOTE]
It did surprise me that as an agency driver I was being entrusted with that job!
I'm sure your extra soft bog roll is of more use to the majority of people than my A380. I would rather not fly in one of them; they're just TOO big :ohmy:.

Proto

Legendary Member
The Talysurf 50. Is yours the older version with the metal casing? the cosmetic redesign didn't go down too well in Europe, but it was aimed at the far east market, the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans love it. See also the Surtronic Duo (for which I got the patent) it replaced the dull Surtronic 10. Sales in the UK and Germany were sluggish but we couldn't make enough for the Japanese who thought it looked like a happy Manga robot - that may not be a coincidence.

Ooops I'm mistaken. I don't have a Talysurf, I have a Surtronic!!

Not sure which model. I believe there were several generations and I think mine is an early one. Works fine but LCD display is 'leaking' and I was informed I'd need a very hard to come by (and expensive) circuit board to repair it. It's just about usable as it is.

Mine looks like this:
im.php?id=361335.jpg

Attachments

• im.php?id=361335.jpg
    im.php?id=361335.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 16

stalagmike

Enormous member
I used to work in the deepest basement at the British Library. There were a lot of steps to climb when there was a fire drill.

TVC

Ooops I'm mistaken. I don't have a Talysurf, I have a Surtronic!!

Not sure which model. I believe there were several generations and I think mine is an early one. Works fine but LCD display is 'leaking' and I was informed I'd need a very hard to come by (and expensive) circuit board to repair it. It's just about usable as it is.

Mine looks like this:
im.php?id=361335.jpg
Good grief, a Surtronic 10. a proper old beast, it is analogue technology, if you want spares give up and look for Unicorn poo instead. The pick ups are still the best available though.:okay:

Attachments

• im.php?id=361335.jpg
    im.php?id=361335.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 30

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've appeared in a news clip on Serbian TV, sitting alongside their then education minister.
I used to help translate lyrics to be performed on Friday night TV in one of Spain's lesser languages.
I've occasionally seen people on trains and planes reading a book wot I wrote many years ago. It still sells quite well. (it's a book used in a certain field of edumacation). It has my photo on the back, but nobody has ever said "hey, that's you, that is".

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've appeared in a news clip on Serbian TV, sitting alongside their then education minister.
I used to help translate lyrics to be performed on Friday night TV in one of Spain's lesser languages.
I've occasionally seen people on trains and planes reading a book wot I wrote many years ago. It still sells quite well. (it's a book used in a certain field of edumacation). It has my photo on the back, but nobody has ever said "hey, that's you, that is".
I appeared in a photograph in a local Peterborough newspaper. I was supposed to look like a serious scientist. They told me to act the part, and gave me a sheet of A4 paper to study for the shot. It had a stick person drawing by the photographer's four year old on the back. It came out clearly in the newspaper feature.

Top Bottom