Well known/famous things, buildings or places you have been associated with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You were lucky a Buddhist didn't see you doing that.
The local Buddhists had scarpered nine hundred years earlier.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I was standing on the apron to watch the first ever flight of this take off and land.
The chief test pilot got a big cheer when he climbed out afterwards.
upload_2016-10-29_14-27-35.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Anyone remember this?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11948978.Animal_researcher_drove_for_days_with_bomb_under_car/

I am the neighbour referred to in the second paragraph. I am not Jason Fleetwood. When I made my statement to the police, enabling them to pinpoint much more accurately when the bomb had been put in position, they told me that Mr Fleetwood's telephone call on the Saturday was of extremely poor quality and not something they could have investigated further. The apology for not pursuing it was to keep the public happy - it wasn't their fault.

As a career data manager it's tough to think of places I've been involved in, I did manager the data for British Nuclear Fuels when they were looking for a sub-terrain location to house spent rods and another project was load and manage the data for De Beers to find probable locations to dredge for diamonds.

I was on a tug that towed the Sea Empress from Milford Haven to Belfast for its repairs.

TVC

As it happens, I own a Talysurf. Only a baby one, like this, but an earlier version.

FTS-Intra.jpg
The Talysurf 50. Is yours the older version with the metal casing? the cosmetic redesign didn't go down too well in Europe, but it was aimed at the far east market, the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans love it. See also the Surtronic Duo (for which I got the patent) it replaced the dull Surtronic 10. Sales in the UK and Germany were sluggish but we couldn't make enough for the Japanese who thought it looked like a happy Manga robot - that may not be a coincidence.

Attachments

• FTS-Intra.jpg
    FTS-Intra.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 14

arranandy

Legendary Member
I've been involved in the design and fabrication of various bits of oil production platforms worldwide. Nothing too exciting but usually control and emergency shutdown systems

Top Bottom