England : Lancashire Whalley - Glasson Dock. A scenic 103 km loop, *DATE CHANGE* SUNDAY 3rd April, 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A good decision, Colin, given the much better weather forecast for Sunday. I'll meet you in the usual place outside Wethies in Tod at 8.45 am an Sunday.

Looking forward to riding with as many others who can make it as well.
I thought it was at 09:00 in Tod? I could just as easily make it 08:45 but I think we would get to Spring Wood at around 09:30 so we'd have a lot of hanging about and it is still rather nippy at that time of day. Confirm either time, and I'll see you then! :okay:

Yes, 9 am is fine Colin. I was overestimating the time to get to Spring Wood and it only takes a few minutes to put your bike on the bike rack.

Just had an operation on the knuckle of my ring finger :cry:if I am sober enough to drive and can bend my finger to grip bars will try to meet you at the car park, if I aint there well in advance of the start time then unfortunately one or both as held me back, have a great ride and would be good to catch up with everyone again :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Will we be having a cafe stop?
Yes, at Glasson Dock. The one we went to last year was very nice. I couldn't remember the details but my friend Carrie said that it was a little on the expensive side, but the coffee was good and so was the food. There was a pub at the end of the road which also did food but I haven't been in that.

Just had an operation on the knuckle of my ring finger :cry:if I am sober enough to drive and can bend my finger to grip bars will try to meet you at the car park, if I aint there well in advance of the start time then unfortunately one or both as held me back, have a great ride and would be good to catch up with everyone again :okay:
Ouch - that could be a ride-stopper! See you on Sunday if you make it, if not maybe SITD on the following Sunday, or my ride from Todmorden to Rivington and back on May 7th or 8th?

Yes, 9 am is fine Colin. I was overestimating the time to get to Spring Wood and it only takes a few minutes to put your bike on the bike rack.
I'll try to make it 08:55 to give us a few minutes to put the bike on the rack.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Hmm, democracy ... I spoke to Carrie and she could make Sunday, but only if Kevin gives her a lift then, but he isn't answering HIS phone so we don't know!

I decided in the end that there is no way to do this in a way that is guaranteed to please everybody so I will be a benevolent dictator- muhaha! :okay:

The weather looks better for Sunday so let's ride on Sunday instead! Otherwise, same arrangement - meet at Spring Wood at 09:45, start ride at 10:00.

I will change the thread title, and the first post to reflect this decision.

My pals Carrie, Kevin, Julie and Bill know about the change of day.

Will the following RSVP ASAP to confirm that you know about the new date!
  • @MontyVeda - if you are planning to nip down from Lancaster to see us - make it SUNDAY! We will probably arrive at Glasson Dock at around 13:00. If you want to ride towards us, it should be fairly easy to work out our route, or I can give you more details if you need them
  • @Globalti - SUNDAY! We don't like the forecast for Saturday, so meet us on Sunday instead if you, your lad and your pal are free then.
  • @skudupnorth - will the gymnastics be finished in time for a SUNDAY ride with us? :okay:
  • Anyone else who fancies it - come on down!
I work Sunday morning hence the Saturday only rides when my good lady can take the kids. Gutted about this as it was a cracker ! Roll on June for the Cheshire run

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hmm, democracy ... I spoke to Carrie and she could make Sunday, but only if Kevin gives her a lift then, but he isn't answering HIS phone so we don't know!

I decided in the end that there is no way to do this in a way that is guaranteed to please everybody so I will be a benevolent dictator- muhaha! :okay:

The weather looks better for Sunday so let's ride on Sunday instead! Otherwise, same arrangement - meet at Spring Wood at 09:45, start ride at 10:00.

I will change the thread title, and the first post to reflect this decision.

My pals Carrie, Kevin, Julie and Bill know about the change of day.

Will the following RSVP ASAP to confirm that you know about the new date!
  • @MontyVeda - if you are planning to nip down from Lancaster to see us - make it SUNDAY! We will probably arrive at Glasson Dock at around 13:00. If you want to ride towards us, it should be fairly easy to work out our route, or I can give you more details if you need them
  • @Globalti - SUNDAY! We don't like the forecast for Saturday, so meet us on Sunday instead if you, your lad and your pal are free then.
  • @skudupnorth - will the gymnastics be finished in time for a SUNDAY ride with us? :okay:
  • Anyone else who fancies it - come on down!
Would have been nice but I'm working all weekend so wouldn't have been able to pop down either day. Maybe next time :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Well sadly I am out of this weekends jolly due to my little angel doing a gymnastics thingy ! Absolutely gutted as it was going to be my first big ride this year. Sorry to let you down Colin, I always like your interesting rides.
If I had a £1 for every time you've pulled out of a ride I'd be a rich man :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I work Sunday morning hence the Saturday only rides when my good lady can take the kids. Gutted about this as it was a cracker ! Roll on June for the Cheshire run
Oh well - see you in June! :hello:

Would have been nice but I'm working all weekend so wouldn't have been able to pop down either day. Maybe next time :smile:
I will remind you! :okay:

If I had a £1 for every time you've pulled out of a ride I'd be a rich man :whistle:
If I had 10p for every ride that you didn't even sign up for, then, er, I would have enough for a vegetable curry from my local takeaway! :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
That was a lucky decision; I had clean forgotten that last night (Friday) was our annual office Christmas dinner (don't ask) in Manchester city centre so I'm typing this from a room at The Heart aparthotel in Media City. Not sure if I'll be able to make tomorrow, got a family commitment, so it will have to be a spur of the moment thing. Hope to see you at Spring Wood.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Well the management has issued me with a passout for the day, so I'd like to tag along, if I may.
104km is unknown territory for me, so I'll probably turn back early, depending on the state of the legs. If I'm not there for the kickoff, don't wait :smile:
Looking forward to meeting you chaps.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Will any of us be taking a pump, meaning i won't be:blush:. I have a puncture paranoia so i will feel more at ease if i know someone has a pump to blow up tyres. I'll be carrying two spare tubes just in case.:pump:

Top Bottom