What have you hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A school boy who stepped out in front of me without looking. I did brake but it was too late, I did shout (it could've been a scream!), but not loud enough for him to hear me over the music coming out of his headphones, I did swerve but not enough, I did come off worse.
This is off topic (because the boy wasn't hit, and it wouldn't have been me that hit him), but ...

I was walking down a local street yesterday when the schools came out and a boy aged about 10 was coming towards me on the pavement on one of those micro-scooters. He had headphones on. There was a car coming towards me on the other side of the street. The boy suddenly veered off the pavement at a dropped kerb and scooted diagonally across the road without looking back! The car driver was on the ball and did an emergency stop, missing the boy by inches. The boy didn't even register that anything had happened, despite the driver beeping his horn. He just scooted on in his own little world. SCARY ...! :eek::thumbsdown:

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
To my shame I ran over an old lady when I was about 15.... She had a few cuts and bruises and the ambulance had to come and ensure she was o.k to go home. Second accident was a city worker who was crossing the road while talking on the mobile. I really hit him at some speed but he had to accept that crossing while talking on the mobile and not looking was a stupid thing to do. And the bike was only a week old.

:evil:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last year i had a squirrel, a weasel, a small deer a few cats and a rat run across my path, Thankfully i didn't hit any,as i'm an animal lover. This year i saw a hedgehog in the road so i stopped the traffic while i picked it up and put it in a field. I hate to see roadkill while out cycling. I'm sure some drive over them on purpose!:thumbsdown:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hate to see roadkill while out cycling. I'm sure some drive over them on purpose!:thumbsdown:
A few years ago, I was toiling up the climb from Waddington towards the summit of Waddington Fell. I saw something move in the road ahead and as I got closer I saw that it was a huge hairy caterpillar wriggling across the road.

I was going to stop and take a photo of it but a cyclist overtook me, spotted the caterpillar and deliberately swerved across the road to squash it!

It exploded and sprayed fluorescent green goo over the tarmac. I was quite impressed by the goo, but that cyclist deserved a good slap. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a dead caterpillar, but I don't believe in killing creatures for pleasure. :angry:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Roadkill can tell you interesting things. For instance, riding in Wales I saw loads of dead hedgehogs. Riding in Kent I see almost none. This tells me that either Kentish hedgehogs are very clever, or that they are rare. Sadly, I suspect the latter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A few years ago, I was toiling up the climb from Waddington towards the summit of Waddington Fell. I saw something move in the road ahead and as I got closer I saw that it was a huge hairy caterpillar wriggling across the road.

I was going to stop and take a photo of it but a cyclist overtook me, spotted the caterpillar and deliberately swerved across the road to squash it!

It exploded and sprayed fluorescent green goo over the tarmac. I was quite impressed by the goo, but that cyclist deserved a good slap. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a dead caterpillar, but I don't believe in killing creatures for pleasure. :angry:

You see i would've picked that caterpillar up and put it somewhere safe!:angel: The evil cyclist will have to answer for his actions on judgement day!:evil:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Toiling slowly uphill more than twenty years ago on University campus I hit a lecturer on the leg.

She was standing with a bunch of people waiting to cross the road from the car park to the university buildings. She looked me squarely in the eye and then walked out right in front of me whilst all the other people waited for me to pass. I had no choice but to collide with her, gently, I hope. I don't recall falling off or whether she fell over.

She wasn't one of my lecturers and I heard nothing further about it.

Top Bottom