What have you hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait wait wait! You hit someone at 15mph on a crossing, and you and the police thought it was her fault?

If you are approaching the crossing, and you can't see that's it's safe, then you slow down, not accelerate.

(also, I've seen similar circumstances with a motorcycle, and the pedestrian was most assuredly not dead. Obviously the policeman was an idiot. Jury is out on the cyclist - maybe I've misunderstood something in the above :smile: )

I think you have, in that you did not read my post.

I took this to mean that she accepted the truth that she was wrong. Apologies if you realise the accident was your fault**. Just a bit confused as you didn't say that explicitly, and that the police shouted at her, rather than shouting at or charging you.

**also apologies if somehow the accident was her fault

The above has given me a headache. And nowhere do I mention the Police shouted at anyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I ran over a small dog once, it ran off i stayed on, the owner went daft, called me all sorts of nasty names later that ride ran over a squirrel, had to stop and put it out of its misery.
Other times a rabbit, dead, and once a pheasant, lost a few feathers and flew off squarking.(bird not me)
Just missed a hedgehog once must be a risk of punctures with them, swerved round a snake in USA and had a kangaroo miss me by mms down under
Bloody Hell............remind me not to ride with you :eek:

Bloody Hell............remind me not to ride with you :eek:
Better with him that against him!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I slowed in anticipation but there comes a point where you think it is 'safe' to proceed and accelerated.
N
Before this she had accepted she was in the wrong, .

The point where it is safe is after you have passed the bus and the crossing. If you have to creep past the bus to make sure its clear, then so be it.

She is a pedestrian on a crossing. She can walk, run, hop or crawl. But I cannot see how she was wrong. Its the drivers responsibility to make sure the crossing is clear.

The point where it is safe is after you have passed the bus and the crossing. If you have to creep past the bus to make sure its clear, then so be it.

She is a pedestrian on a crossing. She can walk, run, hop or crawl. But I cannot see how she was wrong. Its the drivers responsibility to make sure the crossing is clear.

The Police on the scene disagree with what you say. And I've never actually said in my opinion that she was wrong - only what she said.

Having said that it does highlight why someone may want to not run from in front of a bus without looking.

vickster

Legendary Member
I seem to recall the Highway Code saying to be especially vigilant around buses as often there are peds who've just alighted. So slow down

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The Police on the scene disagree with what you say. And I've never actually said in my opinion that she was wrong - only what she said.

Having said that it does highlight why someone may want to not run from in front of a bus without looking.

Or even pass a bus in front of a crossing with extra care unless they can see both sides of the crossing.

Top Bottom