Where's the I hate Michael O'Leary thread then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We should take gobshites out and shoot them. It would stop such keyboard burps.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
O'Leary is indisputably odious, but he's the CEO Ryanair punters deserve. Expecting to fly all over Europe for a quid while everyone else pays the true costs is the same kind of thinking as "I want to drive and I expect Dublin City to come up with a smarter way for me to get around Dublin and be able to park my car somewhere in the middle of Dublin." And actually it's what most drivers' behaviour indicates they seem to expect.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
With no intention of implementing it. It got him what he wanted, publicity.

Just as he knew the cyclists comment would.

I know he didn't, but we all on this forum are imune to rushing out to buy a ticket after reading all of this so we are safe talking about ot.... Aren't we? :whistle:

Last edited:

mustang1

Legendary Member
So the guy doesn't like cyclists and wants to see less of them. Fine. State your own opinions and if there's anyone who can make it a newsworthy enough story for the mainstream media to pick up, then that's great too.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Next week I am flying to the south of France with my wife and daughter. It's costing us less than £200 return. That's bugger all. I love Michael O'Leary.

screenman

Legendary Member
Next week I am flying to the south of France with my wife and daughter. It's costing us less than £200 return. That's bugger all. I love Michael O'Leary.

That much, we did £35 return last year and only slightly more this year. As for upselling the loo, why not as he has to pay to have them emptied.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4266137, member: 45"]He doesn't pay for any of it. He's worth £760m. And he gained those millions, in part, by passing on the charge for disabled passengers for wheelchair assistance at Birmingham airport, thus by discrimination keeping prices down for the able-bodied and attracting more passengers.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Ryan Air have no costs involved with emptying the toilets on the planes, I am suprised at that one.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4266153, member: 45"]You know what I'm saying. We already pay for the toilets to be emptied. He doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I do not know what you are saying, paying for the toilets to be emptied comes from Ryanairs margins, so they pay.

winjim

Smash the cistern
That much, we did £35 return last year and only slightly more this year. As for upselling the loo, why not as he has to pay to have them emptied.
We splashed out on some luggage and reserved seats since it's the first time we've flown with the baby. :smile: We did save about £200ish by flying on the Saturday rather than the Thursday which is weird. You do need to keep an eye on their dynamic pricing in order to get the best deal.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4266163, member: 45"]So they make a loss?

No, they pass on the charge to us. We pay.[/QUOTE]
If they charged specifically for using the toilet though, then we wouldn't. The prices of the flights would go down. That's the business model, you don't pay for what you don't use.

Luddite Joe

Über Member
We splashed out on some luggage and reserved seats since it's the first time we've flown with the baby. :smile: We did save about £200ish by flying on the Saturday rather than the Thursday which is weird. You do need to keep an eye on their dynamic pricing in order to get the best deal.
That's a great way to avoid paying for the toilets - just splash out on the luggage and seats

Top Bottom