Where's the I hate Michael O'Leary thread then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I used to have to travel by RyanAir to Stockholm, I've never seen cabin crew so tired. I was hoping the guys up front weren't as tired. Oh, and the journey from the airport into Stockholm took nearly as long as the flight.

screenman

Legendary Member
I used to have to travel by RyanAir to Stockholm, I've never seen cabin crew so tired. I was hoping the guys up front weren't as tired. Oh, and the journey from the airport into Stockholm took nearly as long as the flight.

Why did you not use another carrier? was it because Ryanair were the cheapest.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4266215, member: 45"]That's right. It's about the business model, and the customer deciding whether she's happy with it or not.

It's surprising how easily it slips into the moralistic. In the toilet scenario what it means is that for example (the families of) children will have to pay for the costs to make it cheaper for others.[/QUOTE]

What is the problem with that? You have kids through choice.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4266215, member: 45"]That's right. It's about the business model, and the customer deciding whether she's happy with it or not.

It's surprising how easily it slips into the moralistic. In the toilet scenario what it means is that for example (the families of) children will have to pay for the costs to make it cheaper for others.[/QUOTE]
I personally believe that children should have access to taxpayer subsidised toilet facilities, as well as water, food, education, healthcare and leisure facilities. I also agree that VAT should not be charged on children's clothes.

I don't extend this attitude towards subsidising, as a paying customer, their convenience and comfort whilst on holiday. Their parents should shoulder that burden.

This is all a bit silly though, since nobody actually thinks that Ryanair charging passengers to use the toilet is a good idea.

screenman

Legendary Member
Profit makes jobs, losses does not.

Ryanair offer good value flights, that is something I am sure we all agree on.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Brilliant publicity though.

Oh which is what's it all about. Along with paying for toilets, his other wheeze was standing only tickets.

screenman

Legendary Member
He runs a successful business that many millions use, and employs a lot of worker's. Gets my respect for that lot.

As for airport advertising, how many tines has he been nicked for doing so?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4266277, member: 45"]Allowing toilet use doesn't lead to loss. It's a basic courtesy. Some business owners lack that.[/QUOTE]
As I already said, the proposal for charging people to use the toilets was just a publicity stunt. Same with standing only passengers, no way would the CAA allow that for safety reasons.

Top Bottom