Where's the I hate Michael O'Leary thread then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
YES, People love his airline, millions agree
YES, It's profitable
YES, It employs people

BUT, this does not give the CEO the right to make disgusting comments about cyclists.

Is that was success allows ? The right to say whatever he likes.

U

User482

He runs a successful business that many millions use, and employs a lot of worker's.
That doesn't make him unique.

winjim

Smash the cistern
YES, People love his airline, millions agree
YES, It's profitable
YES, It employs people

BUT, this does not give the CEO the right to make disgusting comments about cyclists.

Is that was success allows ? The right to say whatever he likes.
He has the right to say whatever he likes. You have the right to argue it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 4266277, member: 45"]Allowing toilet use doesn't lead to loss. It's a basic courtesy. Some business owners lack that.[/QUOTE]
Did they ever charge for using the toilet?

I never said they did (I merely mentioned the proposal), it was part of my joke originally! :scratch::rofl:

As I already said, the proposal for charging people to use the toilets was just a publicity stunt. Same with standing only passengers, no way would the CAA allow that for safety reasons.

'Zactly.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Trust you to be sh!t-stirring about toilets.... ^_^

Hey my original post was:

Both, and also charged £1 for the priviledge.

I merely mentioned the proposed cost as part of my joke, but it really did hit the fan (pun intended) when I was asked:

That little - crumbs

And I said:

Wasn't it £1 he was quoted as saying he'd charge for you to use the toilet?

Not my fault..... Much..... :whistle:

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Not it doesn't. Turnover makes jobs.

Well screeny's probably relating that to his own empire, his bank wont be interested in supporting him as a 'one man band' if his business model was shite whereas Ryanair's money through the bank is what it's all about.

I think the worst thing about Ryanair is that blue and yellow cabin colour scheme, vomit.

screenman

Legendary Member
The 'margin' is what Ryanair makes after fixed costs are taken out. Included in those fixed costs are the cost of emptying the loos. But the money from which those fixed costs and margins come is provided by the fare paying passengers - not by Ryanair.

Ryanair aren't paying for all this - the passengers are - including Ryanair's margin. That's how business works.

Not it doesn't. Turnover makes jobs.

So a business turning over say £50,000,000 a year but losing say £10,000,000 a year wil stay in business how long?

screenman

Legendary Member
Well screeny's probably relating that to his own empire, his bank wont be interested in supporting him as a 'one man band' if his business model was shite whereas Ryanair's money through the bank is what it's all about.

I think the worst thing about Ryanair is that blue and yellow cabin colour scheme, vomit.

Why would I need the banks support for my business?

Top Bottom