Will it be there when the owner gets back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
but surely it would be better to have a chat with the other cyclist rather than the measures that have been mentioned.

Excellent if not the best idea though how would that work in practice unless you know where the cyclist owner lives/works?

[QUOTE 4520964, member: 9609"]did you leave any sort of note to help the cyclist out ?[/QUOTE]
A note will also draw a passerby's attention, who might not have noticed how poorly it was locked up otherwise. I've inadvertently left a bike on a stand unlocked once or twice, and got away with it. A "helpful" note, drawing the eye might have been my undoing.

Sadly how inoculated we are by bike theft, that everyone seems to think that the owner is asking to be robbed. I still remember country towns where people would leave keys in the ignition while shopping. I miss those days (ignoring the racism and sexism, of course)

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4520964, member: 9609"]did you leave any sort of note to help the cyclist out ?[/QUOTE]

No as I had nothing with me.
That would have also bought (unwanted) attention to the bike I would think.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm assuming the bike's no longer there so it should be safe to guess the location: opposite the Mitre, junction of Greenwich High Road and Roan Street? (I went to the primary school round the back of there, and the really old looking paving stones, which were only put down fairly recently, make me think it was in Greenwich.)

Ajax Bay

Guru
If a thief steals a bike without causing physical damage, either because it's not locked or because it's ineffectively locked - as this one, is that theft any less an offence?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Of course! Old women are symbols of feebleness and inability to cope with the stresses of modern everyday life :rolleyes:

And they use the supermarket on a Saturday when I want to.

And they smell.

Top Bottom