Will it be there when the owner gets back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It was locked up better than this bike was locked, outside my local pub (owner inside, out of sight of his bike).
Moulton New Series Speed, cost £11k for the standard version, plus the belt drive, Rohloff, and whatever extra it cost to put a splitter joint in the seat stay.
The saddle looks a bit incongruous :rolleyes:

IMG_1076.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
Moulton New Series Speed, cost £11k for the standard version, :rolleyes:

Someone needs their head looking at if they paid £11k for that.

[QUOTE 4520964, member: 9609"]did you leave any sort of note to help the cyclist out ?[/QUOTE]
A £50 note ? I guess they'll need that help now :ohmy::eek:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
£100 is too much. I'd guess £1100, not £11k.

No, he was right, that model Moulton is a few quid short of £11,000. At that money I'd want 3 sunglass wearing, bald headed heavies following me round to protect it at every stop. Even a stop at traffic lights.
Mind you I'd probably also want to ask myself why I'd pay more for a glorified Brompton than I would for say, an actual Team Sky Pinarello.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No, he was right, that model Moulton is a few quid short of £11,000. At that money I'd want 3 sunglass wearing, bald headed heavies following me round to protect it at every stop. Even a stop at traffic lights.
Mind you I'd probably also want to ask myself why I'd pay more for a glorified Brompton than I would for say, an actual Team Sky Pinarello.

At the risk of going way off topic, where is the value in the 11k price tag? I'm sure the engineering is pretty good and the components are decent (rolhoffs aren't cheap). But I can't see 11k worth of bike. I don't know how much a folder like Brompton costs but what extra do you get with a Moulton for the money?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
At the risk of going way off topic, where is the value in the 11k price tag? I'm sure the engineering is pretty good and the components are decent (rolhoffs aren't cheap). But I can't see 11k worth of bike. I don't know how much a folder like Brompton costs but what extra do you get with a Moulton for the money?
No idea mate, I'd guess the money goes into the "engineering genius" of that "Forth Road Bridge" frame, and the Super Record groupset probably doesn't help either.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No idea mate, I'd guess the money goes into the "engineering genius" of that "Forth Road Bridge" frame, and the Super Record groupset probably doesn't help either.

Super Record!!

I guess to some extent it's self fulfilling in that it's a massively expensive bike so it "has to have" a top of the range groupset. Having said that I suspect a less expensive one would more than suffice for the vast majority of cycling a Moulton owner will do. What a strange thing it is

Top Bottom