Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Watching the skiing halfpipe, the heavy snow is making me extremely jealous. Feels like we haven't even had a winter this year...

There is more snow in Scotland than in Sochi....900 cm at Cairngorm at the weekend, never seen it so deep - able to ride over the cafe roof :biggrin:

Did you see the women's relay? It was so exciting!!!
Indeed it was, we just don't get it in this country though. Try and catch the biathlon relay.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 2936923, member: 1314"]Don't trust Whitey - it's a Steve Martin line I stand by.

Any 'World Sports Tournament' which only has White winners... come on.[/quote]

What about all the Asian winners?

sazzaa

There is more snow in Scotland than in Sochi....900 cm at Cairngorm at the weekend, never seen it so deep - able to ride over the cafe roof :biggrin:

Yeah I know there's snow up the hills but Aberdeen hasn't had any at all! Same as last winter olympics, our ski centres had more than Whistler...

Yeah I know there's snow up the hills but Aberdeen hasn't had any at all! Same as last winter olympics, our ski centres had more than Whistler...
There was plenty of snow at Whistler. There may have been less in Vancouver. But they could not hold all the external events at Whistler, so some events were held in Vancouver, mostly snowboarding and their ilk IFIRC.

Stephenite

Membå
There was plenty of snow at Whistler. There may have been less in Vancouver. But they could not hold all the external events at Whistler, so some events were held in Vancouver, mostly snowboarding and their ilk IFIRC.
'Tis a problem for future events. Oslo is bidding for the 2022 olympics, but is there going to be enough snow? Not this year there hasn't.

sazzaa

But we still had more, 2010 was Scotland's best snow season in about a decade.

AndyRM

XOXO
'Tis a problem for future events. Oslo is bidding for the 2022 olympics, but is there going to be enough snow? Not this year there hasn't.

If there's not enough snow, I reckon competitors should play each other on Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics. Where necessary, final standings would be decided by knockout rounds on SSX Tricky.

sazzaa

[QUOTE 2937785, member: 9609"]In 2010 we had about 48" fell in our garden over the Dec/Jan period (at its deepest it was lying 27" deep) Our garden looked like this for about 7 weeks - It was fantastic - best winter ever - This year we have not had one single snow flake, how boring is that.[/quote]
Yeah I remember my daughter and I standing with our arms out and falling backwards into it, it was like a garden full of pillows!

AndyRM

XOXO
'Mon the ladies! Showing the chaps how it's done by winning all of GB's medals so far.

With the men's curling guaranteed a medal tomorrow, that's our best ever winter Olympic performance.

Hopefully Elise Christie can take us to 5 medals in the skating as well.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Did anyone else watch the Men's ski cross? :highfive:

In the first heat, only one competitor crossed the finishing line on their feet, the rest were at various peculiar poses trying to make sure part of their body crossed the line before the two others.

In another heat one competitor shut the door, while another was opening a window. ^_^ Some one missed the K point and landed flat as a pancake. Large moustaches or beards seem to be a necessary accessory.

Top Bottom