Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Unlucky. The two brits in the snowboard slopestyle came 6th and 10th.

Its the womens 15km skiathlon now. If there's no Brits i default to supporting Norwegians. There's three of them in the lead group.

The BBC strike again, Biathlon supposed to be live online from 14.30, nothing, zilch. Constant reruns of "slopeside". Just gone live now online but I see it is mostly over, didn't look at the results wanted to see the race. On the main channel we have just had Jonathon "I know nothing about winter olympics" Edwards telling us we are now going live to the Biathlon and instead we get a rerun of this morning's snowboarding. Pathetic.

Last edited:

sazzaa

Loved the opening ceremony, made London's one look awful. Slopestyle was amazing to watch, not too sure about some of the scoring decisions though, wonder if that's going to be a recurring theme?

sazzaa

The BBC strike again, Biathlon supposed to be live online from 14.30, nothing, zilch. Constant reruns of "slopeside". Just gone live now online but I see it is mostly over, didn't look at the results wanted to see the race. On the main channel we have just had Jonathon "I know nothing about winter olympics" Davies telling us we are now going live to the Biathlon and instead we get a rerun of this morning's snowboarding. Pathetic.
Dammit, so I didn't have to get up early then?

Stephenite

Membå
Missed the 10km biathlon - out shopping.

Ole Einar is incredible. He's 40 years old and in his 6th olympics. He still wins gold over the sprint distance! I thought he had faded a couple of years ago.

sazzaa

That fifteen year old Russian skater, absolutely amazing!!

U

User169

My kids have gone native - glued to the 5km skate this afternoon. A clean sweep of the medals for the Dutch led by the excellent Sven Kramer.

Oh yes! What a race by Ole Einar. If you want excitement watch the Biathlon Pursuits on Monday and Tuesday, they start in the same order they finished the sprints with those time gaps, so for example Ole Einar will start with just 1.2 secs ahead of Landertinger. Ole Einar will allow Landertinger to go ahead and he will sit in behind, 4 shoots in this one so there will be a lot of changes in the order, can't wait!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Apparently the hotel standards are raising a few eyebrows amongst the media contingent:

BfpGUmiCIAA6ty2.jpg

More here
Pretty usual in many parts of Russia in my experience ...

Herbie

Veteran
Can't wait, but then I used to compete in a winter sport, what a low profile it has in this country which is a shame because for a nation that doesn't get reliable snowy winters we have a lot of competitors, some with a real chance of bringing back a medal. The two I will be watching are Lizzy Yarnold in the Skeleton and Andrew Musgrave in the x-country sprint discipline. Anyone else watching?

How come the Winter Olympics are not in the same year as the summer Olympics? Didn't they used to be?

Top Bottom