Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm not a big fan of these subjective sports where the winner is determined by judges. Cross country skiing, downhill, ice hockey, luge etc etc...much better

You have a point, but I think there is very little "artistic interpretation" with freestyle - the different moves have their difficulty ratings, the faults have their penalties, and there is a clear difference between turning once and turning twice. Also, boy is it spectacular. Catching some AIR!!

Going to be a brutal finish to the men's Skiathlon in the next 5 mins

Absolutely no idea how Cologna did that after having surgery in November on his ankle, normally after having almost 2 months off skis you would not be expected to feature at all.

The skiathlon guys just all go down like ninepins after the finish! They must be absolutely wrecked... real athleticism...
The producers must come in for some criticism as they always make the hills look easy when many of them are well over 20% with some over 25%. The collapsing lasts about 30 secs but you have nothing left as you cross the line, recovery is amazingly quick. In the sprint events you can be expected to do 4 x 1.5 km with only a few mins rest between each race, you would never see that in athletics.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm joining in.

This pic is a big cheat by the way. That's someone else's track behind me - I have a record of falling over in powder...

Actually no, changed my mind. Can't stand having a real pic of me. Here are some nice planks instead as I can't find my original pic on this computer.

The speed skating is on now but I really think I have to get on with my day....

Stephenite

Membå
In the after-race interview Northug says he played it safe round the course, but had nothing left for the final spurt. He's a big shot in these parts, but i prefer others. Well done to Cologna and Hellner.

Top Bottom