Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
So what are these that I've spotted at the bottom of my pond!
IMG_9140.JPG

Are they baby newts?

Last edited:
My wife was clearing a patch of ground ready to plant some beans in when she came rushing in to say that she had found a Hedgehog nest along with a baby in there.
You may just be able to see the main prickles of the mother and slightly higher and to the left one of the little ones. We have now covered them back over and put some old carpet over them.
IMGP4098 (2).JPG

Mrs M

Guru
My wife was clearing a patch of ground ready to plant some beans in when she came rushing in to say that she had found a Hedgehog nest along with a baby in there.
You may just be able to see the main prickles of the mother and slightly higher and to the left one of the little ones. We have now covered them back over and put some old carpet over them. View attachment 356702
They like cat food :smile:

Mrs M

Guru
I saw something very sad today.
Had to get the bus to work and saw a crow squashed on the road. His/her wee pal was walking round them and looking down to see if they were ok (they weren't).
Made me quite upset.

gbb

Legendary Member
Someone HAS to be feeding Red Kite near Stilton, just off the A1M. Driving past there this afternoon...the sky was teeming with them, easily 30 of them wheeling around.
I've mentioned them in my 'your ride today' posts, they are a very regular sighting but not in those numbers :wacko:.
There's a farm nearby (I sometimes commute on the old A1 which runs parallel with the A1M)....I do wonder if someone there puts food out for them.

Top Bottom