Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattonsea

Über Member
The Male Robins have started to mark out there territory in the barns. A beautiful song from about 4 birds.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well we went crabbing this morning see picture of our catch.

And then went for a stroll around the Haulfre gardens which was alive with butterflies

WP_20150826_003.jpg
WP_20150826_006.jpg
WP_20150826_011.jpg
WP_20150826_014.jpg

Those were the ones who posed long enough for me to capture them on camera

Surlydave

Über Member
Further to my last posting, just had a family group of swallows flying around as I was cutting fairways this morning, approx 12~15 of them, obviously on their way to Africa.

gavgav

Guru
Not sure it counts as Wildlife, but fecking Wasps are everywhere in South Wales and attacking for no reason whatsoever.

The buggers wanted my Ice Cream today at the Zoo and got swatted for their efforts.

I am now into double figures for the number I've squashed this week :evil:

The zoo was good fun though, I can watch Penguins all day. The Red Hogs below were also interesting and loved the copious mud that is plentiful due to the biblical rain this week.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: gbb

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
those red hogs are different for sure

Levo-Lon

Guru
.....that looks huge!! Reminds me of a film called Summersby.

Shaun

its a huge caterpillar all right...there quite rare and one of our freinds has said this pic has caused a bit off a storm on the moth spotters sites..bit like the Birders with a rare sighting..

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
We get quite a few Speckled Wood butterflies in our garden - this one was particularly obliging in having its photo taken.
I had to rescue it from the greenhouse later, as it was getting increasingly desperate.
DSCN0794.JPG

Top Bottom