Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Given the thread, I'm wondering if they're free-range tomatoes? :whistle:
fresh out of my parents green house

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
At one point I lived near some land that was about to be cleared for housing in Bristol. Each day someone went around the land to various places where they had placed corrugated iron, and would collect up a few every day over a number of weeks. He would show the slow worms to anyone who showed a bit of interest in them.
And in the creek at Deptford they use corrugated iron offcuts to collect crabs - not commercially, simply to show to primary school children doing riverbed walks. Chinese Mitten crabs, to be precise: one of those invasive species that is also highly edible.

Lullabelle

Banana
DSCN2140.JPG

gbb

Legendary Member
Part drive/part cycle commute this morning..one fox, one probably muntjac deer, one raptor, probably buzzard sat atop a haybale and all the usual suspects...poor old woodpidgeon, never get a mention do they...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Part drive/part cycle commute this morning..one fox, one probably muntjac deer, one raptor, probably buzzard sat atop a haybale and all the usual suspects...poor old woodpidgeon, never get a mention do they...
Whenever I hear a wood pigeon, I'm instantly transported back to my childhood as I spent hours and hours playing in the woods. The memory/feeling is one of freedom and independence: "nobody knows where I am and that's just the way I want it".

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
There were 8 Little Egret on the Wansbeck this morning. It's only a couple of years ago that they first arrived in Northumberland and last year was the first time they bred in the county. Looks like they've settled in ok!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Early morning stroll to the prom and back this morning and we saw these

WP_20150823_003.jpg
WP_20150823_004.jpg
WP_20150823_007.jpg
WP_20150823_002.jpg

Top Bottom