£1000+ for a groupset and its only got 12 gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That headline:

5 reasons why this spells the end for front derailleurs

is particularly bonkers/grovelly

You also have to remember that this story was doubtless fuelled by a big PR launch/junket/entertaining/shoving of food and drink down journos' throats.

I used to inhabit that sort of world.

In short -sod all that - I've just bought an entire new bike (last year's model but better than this year's for its purpose) for £700 - it rides beautifully and is perfectly capable of taking me round the world. I'd love to see how far someone gets on that groupset.

I would rather spend £1200 on a new groupset than the same on fag's, booze, big cars etc.
you could always spend it on a punctuation lesson.

sorry, couldn't resist in view of the somewhat uncritical tone of your post.

More choice, more sales, more "standards" and more obsolescence.

Give a few years and the next best thing will be 26ers, straight 1" head tubes, steel frames and triples :laugh:
very wise words. You are either of a certain age and have seen stuff or young and wise beyond your years. My 20 year old hybrid is very similar to some "new" flat bar tourers.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
More choice, more sales, more "standards" and more obsolescence.

Give a few years and the next best thing will be 26ers, straight 1" head tubes, steel frames and triples :laugh:
I'd noticed that.
29" MTB - isn't that a hybrid with slightly wider tyres?
27.5 (which is a bloody stupid name, but anyway) aka 650B - so, much like the old 26 by 1 3/8 with a wider tyre?

Top Bottom