£190 empty box from chain reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatjel

Veteran
Ordered an XT di2 rear mech from chain reaction .
Was very pleased when it turned up the next day via their collect + service.
Not so pleased when the box turned out to be empty.
Their phone was to busy to talk to me so emailed. After two days sending pics of the empty box and filling in forms they say they’ll get in touch with their courier and be in touch in 5 to 7 days .
I’ve bought from them 27 times in the last three years and spent loadsa money . I sort of expected better

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Yikes. Was the box damaged or in tact before you opened it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ordered an XT di2 rear mech from chain reaction .
Was very pleased when it turned up the next day via their collect + service.
Not so pleased when the box turned out to be empty.
Their phone was to busy to talk to me so emailed. After two days sending pics of the empty box and filling in forms they say they’ll get in touch with their courier and be in touch in 5 to 7 days .
I’ve bought from them 27 times in the last three years and spent loadsa money . I sort of expected better
I'd start a claim through your credit card company, that'll spur CRC into swifter action

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
The outer box was sealed and didn’t look tampered with but the shimano box lacked the usual plastic seal.
I paid with PayPal so should get the money back via them if all else fails

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sounds like someone at the warehouse fancied a Di2 mech.

In my youth I had a brief spell working for a toy wholesaler. Shops began complaining that the boxes that should have contained toy guns were received with nothing in them. A management sting found that one of the young lads who worked in the warehouse pick and pack team was nicking them. He was a strange bod, the guns he was taking were cheap junk and unrealistic, but he had a bit of a firearms fetish. Sort of guy you'd expect to see carrying out a mass shooting later in life.

Fatjel-They are too busy to talk to you, and making you wait 5-7 days for a response is poor customer service. What consideration is being given to the fact that the customer may be needing the part urgently?

A few months ago I started using Merlin cycles. I found the staff & customer service to be truly excellent and fast shipping too.I have bought 2 small spare Shimano chain rings, a pair of schwalbe tyres and a pair of Michelin tubes. They answer the phone straight away, and the order is placed so swiftly. No problems whatsoever.
Merlin cycles 01772432431 Once you have tried them I don't think you will go elsewhere providing they always stock the parts you need.

Let's hope it is just a one-off issue with CRC.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
A few months ago I started using Merlin cycles. I found the staff & customer service to be truly excellent and fast shipping too.I have bought 2 small spare Shimano chain rings, a pair of schwalbe tyres and a pair of Michelin tubes. They answer the phone straight away, and the order is placed so swiftly. No problems whatsoever.
Merlin cycles 01772432431 Once you have tried them I don't think you will go elsewhere.
That's all very well if they have what you want at the price you want to pay :smile:

Sixmile

Veteran
Sorry to read about the "empty box.
In my experience C.R. are usually very good about such matters.

I have used CRC dozens of times this year. There was only one occasion where I wasn't happy with the way a particular item arrived and they were quick to rectify the issue. I prefer using their live chat to sort anything out.

Hopefully you get sorted!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’ve read of several of these ‘empty box’ scams recently. Sometimes they replace the goods with something of the appropriate weight. It’s either happens in the warehouse or at the courier company. The latter more likely. Just leave the matter to CRC to sort, it’s not your fault.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd tell them to screw their supplier - you've entered into a contract with them to supply an item, and that contract isn't discharged simply because they handed the item to the courier. That's their problem to sort out in their own time.

In the meantime, could they please send you the item you've paid for?

D

Deleted member 26715

I have never dealt with chain reaction cycles but am making a note not to even try them now.
The OP states he's used them 27 times before & you completely ignore that, he has 1 issue & you strike them off your list, interesting.
I'd tell them to screw their supplier - you've entered into a contract with them to supply an item, and that contract isn't discharged simply because they handed the item to the courier. That's their problem to sort out in their own time.
In the meantime, could they please send you the item you've paid for?
So many angry people, clearly 2 people who have never made a mistake in their lives, you know what they say, the people who don't make mistakes, don't do anything.

Top Bottom