£190 empty box from chain reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The OP states he's used them 27 times before & you completely ignore that, he has 1 issue & you strike them off your list, interesting.

So many angry people, clearly 2 people who have never made a mistake in their lives, you know what they say, the people who don't make mistakes, don't do anything.

Its not a mistake. Its the retailer avoiding, or at best delaying their lawful duty. Please provide the product that has been paid for - what you do about chasing couriers etc you can do in your own time. Simply expecting that to which the customer has actually paid for is hardly being angry.

Chain Recaction didn't make a mistake any more than Elvis teleported into the box with Shergar and stole its contents.

Tin Pot

Guru
Actually Gregory I think they should dole out replacement parts to customers who have a complaint.
If they don’t why would any one buy anything online.
A chancers charter would be if companies were allowed to take money and not supply the goods.

To any complaint? What would be a chancers charter again?

Come on, be fair.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Its not a mistake. Its the retailer avoiding, or at best delaying their lawful duty. Please provide the product that has been paid for - what you do about chasing couriers etc you can do in your own time. Simply expecting that to which the customer has actually paid for is hardly being angry.

Chain Recaction didn't make a mistake any more than Elvis teleported into the box with Shergar and stole its contents.
What timescales are quoted in the contract to supply that the buyer willingly entered into with CRC.

I'll wager none are quoted in the t's & c's and thus CRC have a reasonable amount of time in which to sort it out. 21 - 28 days seems fair from where I sit on the bus from Clapham.

If that doesn't suit the OP they can buy their urgently needed mech elsewhere and then when CRC come up with the goods they can return the CRC one to SEX and ask CRC for a refund as per normal returns. Else they wait...

D

Deleted member 26715

You clearly have no clue, which for somebody who claims to be ex constabulary is quite worrying but explains why crime is so high if you are typical of all coppers.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Actually Gregory I think they should dole out replacement parts to customers who have a complaint.
If they don’t why would any one buy anything online.
A chancers charter would be if companies were allowed to take money and not supply the goods.
Allowed? It is the very basis of online transactions. Suppliers online nearly always take the money before they supply the goods. It is common practice to take money at the point of order, or point of despatch, not at the point of delivery. The goods aren't supplied until you have them.

Some suppliers don't even order your item from the wholesaler/distributor until you've paid for it. I've a musician friend frothing that he has had to wait for an amp advertised as in stock at a heavily discounted price which is actually in short lead back order. His foaming is misplaced as the outlets who have the item in stock are selling at near list.

xzenonuk

Veteran
pretty bad thing to happen and i would be gutted if i got a empty box instead of a nice shiny new thingymabob to play with :sad:

hope you get it sorted and promptly and remember you have no contract with the courier it is them that do and should be sorting out what happened while sending you another one.

bpsmith

Veteran
The comment about why would people buy online if this was standard practice regarding missing items is very interesting.

This happens everyday. Pretty much every online retailer would follow a similar investigation. People still order online in ridiculous volume.

Similar thing happened to me with PBK. Got a refund within the 2 weeks as promised.

Annoying, but sadly it’s part of life. OP has had 1 issue in 27 orders. I would suggest that’s a decent record tbh?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have always had good service from CRC but since they got mixed up with Wiggle there can be problems with orders placed with CRC coming from Wiggle. One small item which would fit in my letterbox was sent by Wiggle using Yodel. A fortnight later and some chasing of courier companies I eventually got the item. I had to do the legwork chasing couriers which did not please me since I am not good at being calm and polite with such people.
Yesterday in contrast I got a new pump from CRC which arrived by Royal Mail in two days.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 5070440, member: 43827"]Which you promptly returned, I hope.[/QUOTE]

I think the correct approach is to contact the supplier and offer to return the product, supplied in error, at their expense. They often can't be bothered with the hassle

Will Spin

Über Member
Interesting to compare CRCs response with my experience with Amazon. I ordered a fitbit tracker for wife (she asked me to do it...just so you understand). Small package delivered to our neighbour as we were out. I noticed that the package wasn't sealed and when I opened it there was the Fitbit manufacturer's box inside, complete with instruction leaflet, connection wire...but no fitbit. I was wondering how I would be dealt with by Amazon as either we or our neighbours could have received the Fitbit. I needn't have worried, went on the Amazon website, found the "problem with your order" page clicked on the option to have them contact me by phone, thinking this would take a few days but almost immediately the phone rang with a human non-recorded voice at the other end and they said they'd send another one express delivery, no further questions asked. I've also had similar service from our online grocery supplier when items are missing from the order.

bpsmith

Veteran
Interesting to compare CRCs response with my experience with Amazon. I ordered a fitbit tracker for wife (she asked me to do it...just so you understand). Small package delivered to our neighbour as we were out. I noticed that the package wasn't sealed and when I opened it there was the Fitbit manufacturer's box inside, complete with instruction leaflet, connection wire...but no fitbit. I was wondering how I would be dealt with by Amazon as either we or our neighbours could have received the Fitbit. I needn't have worried, went on the Amazon website, found the "problem with your order" page clicked on the option to have them contact me by phone, thinking this would take a few days but almost immediately the phone rang with a human non-recorded voice at the other end and they said they'd send another one express delivery, no further questions asked. I've also had similar service from our online grocery supplier when items are missing from the order.
I see your point, although how many £190 bananas do you tend to get with your groceries?

Crankarm

Guru
Is there a happy end to this story as the OP did not post yesterday?
He is covered under the Distance Selling Regulations and is entitled to an immediate refund or replacement. The issue of the disappearance of the item is the responsibility of CRC.

I have to say my recent purchases from CRC have not gone smoothly. They used to be good, well quick to dispatch anyway. They do take an age to reply to emails and whilst using live chat you are able to communicate with a CRCbot they are pretty useless. Last year I ordered some Shimano hydraulic trekking brake levers at about this time to be delivered before Christmas. What turned up was a Shimano XT rear derailleur which I didn't even order or want, and it was scratched. So I emailed them them with pictures. After a couple of days they finally replied, really apologetic their email was. They would send me some more levers, but this would not be until the New Year when they would have them back in stock. I wasn't best pleased. In the mean time they could give me a refund for they said it was clearly their error. Well of course it was! The rear XT derailleur they had sent me in error they didn't want back. Then after Christmas the correct hydraulic brake levers that I had ordered at the start of december turned up .........

And then about one month ago I ordered some winter bib cycling leggings that didn't arrive presumably went missing. They said although Royal Mail had collected them from CRC, RM could not actually establish where they were in their system despite them being sent by tracked mail, so they were written off as missing in transit. CRC sent me another pair by next day delivery signed for which I received two days later.

So sometimes it's not CRC's fault and sometimes it is. The fact that you state your delivery box does not seem to have been tampered with and is still intact suggests that the problems lie with CRC's own picking or dispatch departments not their courier, but this is not your problem. You would just like the goods you have paid for. If you don't receive any indication when you will get them soon and a refund is not forthcoming either use Paypal for a charge back for non delivery of item or approach your credit card provider to get them to make a charge back (s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act I think).

Top Bottom