£190 empty box from chain reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Make that three angry people !
But you do have a reason, the other well, drama queen's is being polite

You are correct to a point Phaeton, and in respect of that point I have appropriately amended my post (dissing CRC).

I still stand by my point about keeping the OP waiting 2 weeks while they sort out a problem that is nothing to do with the OP. My angst is caused by empathy for how the OP is feeling about this. Is that all in order now?

D

Deleted member 26715

I still stand by my point about keeping the OP waiting 2 weeks while they sort out a problem that is nothing to do with the OP.
Agreed that wouldn't sit well with me either. The problem all these online companies have is determining who the villain is, I'm sure @fatjel is 100% genuine (otherwise he wouldn't have posted here) but how is CRC supposed to know that. I ran a large warehouse where we shipped over 20k orders a day, the problems we had with people claiming it hadn't arrived, wrong item sent, they sent back items we never sold, in the end we had to instal a very sophisticated CCTV & weigh every parcel.

Kbrook

Veteran
My experience of CRC customer service is nothing but good, when they went out of their way to help me, when clearly they didn't have to when an out of warranty part failed.

Reply from Chain reaction to my email

Hi xxxxxx

It may be Friday 13th but today is your lucky day.

I have a bag of spares in the office and I'll send you a couple of these parts out today on a priority as a gesture of goodwill.

I trust this helps.

Kind regards,

Clifford

Now my favourite bike shop!

I'm sure it will get sorted out satisfactorily, it's unfortunate that it might take a few days, but as the poster above says they at least need to have chance to investigate. It would be a quick way to go out of business to simply take every customers word.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I would refuse to wait a week

for a reply .Their investigation is not your problem.Demand another item sent asap or a refund.

Its important to state exactly what you want.

Tin Pot

Guru
Ordered an XT di2 rear mech from chain reaction .
Was very pleased when it turned up the next day via their collect + service.
Not so pleased when the box turned out to be empty.
Their phone was to busy to talk to me so emailed. After two days sending pics of the empty box and filling in forms they say they’ll get in touch with their courier and be in touch in 5 to 7 days .
I’ve bought from them 27 times in the last three years and spent loadsa money . I sort of expected better
:ohmy:

Tin Pot

Guru
Make that three angry people !
Not because they made a mistake but because they are planning to leave me waiting for two weeks to see if they rectify their mistake
@Phaeton is right, crime does occur throughout the whole process - sadly including the customer.

In your position I would consider ordering the same part from a different supplier, inform CRC, and wait while they go through their own process toward hopefully a refund.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So we think CRC should just dole out expensive replacement kit to any customer who asks? That's a chancers charter. If it was old stock Altus maybe but XT Di12?

No one is compelled to buy online, and mail order has its occasional downsides, where a degree of patience may well pay dividends in getting the outcome you want. If you want the goods placed into your hands, guaranteed, use an LBS*

*except I was once sold a second-hand front mech as brand new in an LBS. Not only was it used it wasn't what the box said it was, and the proprietor got arsey with me when I went back and accused me of switching it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The OP has been unlucky, but needs to exercise a little bit of patience. With a high value item you could hardly expect the retailer to shrug their shoulders and send a replacement return of post like it was a brake block, they do need to check when and where the goods went missing. It is annoying when you have a genuine complaint, but there are a growing number of rogue buyers out there and I have no doubt CRC have been caught many times in the past.

For instance, I'm not the only one here who gave up selling on ebay because of these type of people.

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
Actually Gregory I think they should dole out replacement parts to customers who have a complaint.
If they don’t why would any one buy anything online.
A chancers charter would be if companies were allowed to take money and not supply the goods.

Actually Gregory I think they should dole out replacement parts to customers who have a complaint.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but we are just saying it reasonable for them to do some checking first. As said, the person who stole it could be you.

FWIW, I've had one order messed up by CRC. They items never arrived and weren't showing as despatched. I emailed them to cancel the order, there was some humming and hahing while they checked to see if what was happening. Finally I got my refund.

A few days later, the parcel arrived with my now free cassette and chain. :tongue:

Top Bottom