£190 empty box from chain reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
I had a similar issue as the OP when I bought my Garmin 520 - opened the box in anticipation to see the gap where the head unit should be - all the other gubbins were there.

Contacted CRC who asked for photos of the empty box (?? !! Oh well) Duly obliged and then after speaking to one of their team they then sent out a new boxed unit.

Clearly a light fingered employee taking kit from unsealed boxes in the warehouse.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Which says...

Delivery of goods
The Consumer Rights Act, which came into force on 1 October 2015, says the retailer is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by you, or by someone else you have nominated to receive them on your behalf such as a neighbour.
This means that the retailer is liable for the services provided by the couriers it employs - the delivery firm is not liable.
There is a default delivery period of 30 days during which the retailer needs to deliver the goods to you unless a longer period has been agreed.
If your delivery is later than agreed and it was essential that it was delivered on time, then you have the right to cancel the purchase and get a full refund.
If the delivery isn’t time essential but another reasonable delivery time can’t be agreed, you’re also within your right to cancel the order for a full refund.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So CRC have 30 days from point of order to deliver the goods. I suggest a recorded delivery letter stating it is up to CRC to prove the goods, nb not the packaging, were delivered so refund or supply thank you.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I think the correct approach is to contact the supplier and offer to return the product, supplied in error, at their expense. They often can't be bothered with the hassle

I did once order some Sturmey Archer hub parts from SJS and opened the box to find....a box of dynamo tail lamp bulbs! I did contact them and email pictures of the package, the bulbs etc and offered to return them but they said not to bother and a few days later my SA parts arrived and I have enough spare bulbs for the rear light of my knockabout 3-speed to last me my life time.:okay:

OP
OP
fatjel

fatjel

Veteran
Well a replacement mech arrived today.. Which is good.
Had an email Tuesday saying my order had been dispatched.
No explanation as to what happened.
Took eleven days from ordering until it arrived, which wouldn't usually bother me overmuch.
CRC 's communication with me tho, was really annoying.

bpsmith

Veteran
Am I right in thinkng that, in your first post, you said that they were investigating and would be in touch in 5-7 working days?

Then (4 working days later) you got an email on Tuesday to say that it had been shipped, which clearly then arrived today (6 working days later)?

That’s about as good a customer service / communications example as it gets tbh!

Top Bottom