£2000 vs £5000 and above Carbon bike performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No, because it's black :whistle: also because it's got old 10 speed kit and if I were spending that sort of money, I'd want the newest version

Ultimately it's only a bargain if it's tne right bike at the right price for you. In reality, being sold at half RRP means the seller will make less margin / profit but it'll enable him to free tne capital to buy the latest model to sell at RRP and the old model will no longer be taking up space gathering dust in his showroom or warehouse

Yes it got a good review, but that means zip if it's not the bike for the buyer

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I asked because my solicitor called me yesterday and told me the insurers of the boy racer who hit me have offered a final settlement of £5.500 for my injury, rehabilitation new bike, helmet etc. I'm thinking about blowing some of it on ANOTHER new bike and a 5 grand bike for just over 2 grand seems a bargain.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
It's a Cannondale, it has to be green, white and blue! :smile:

Super thing, mind you. I'd be very tempted if I was looking for a n+1, 10 speed or otherwise. I have 11 speed Di2 on one bike, can't say I've noticed much of a difference! :ohmy:

vickster

Legendary Member
I asked because my solicitor called me yesterday and told me the insurers of the boy racer who hit me have offered a final settlement of £5.500 for my injury, rehabilitation new bike, helmet etc. I'm thinking about blowing some of it on ANOTHER new bike and a 5 grand bike for just over 2 grand seems a bargain.
Sounds a fair amount

Do you want an out and out race bike given you've had lots of wobbles about riding on the roads?

What actually makes it a 5k bike other than the price tag Cannondale gave it? ;)

Also race bikes are usually ridden smaller and cannondales come up bigger so do they have the right size

Also check how much it would cost to insure for replacement value based on where you live. From what you've said elsewhere it sounds like a high risk postcode

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
A club mate has the exact same bike. It really is as light as a proverbial feather and seems to go like stink (with him riding it anyway!)
If it handles as well as my CAAD10 then I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems. :smile:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Great specs but I would stay away from it because of the tubulars. If you don't mind the tubs, I'm sure it would be fab. I've had 20 speed red and 22 speed red, and the 22 speed is an improvement for sure, but the 20 speed was very good, too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's worth it even spending a little on new wheels. You are getting alot of frame and groupset for just £2k, ignoring the rest of the bike.

Top Bottom