£20ish malt whisky............any good ones ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've been hosting a Chinese group last week in London and I gave them a few bottles of (relatively inexpensive) malt whisky as Xmas gifts. I know that when they take them home they will be mixed with coca cola.....or worst of all.....cold green tea
According to Gary (proprietor of the Happy Chop Suey house and maker of the finest curry sauce in all of christendon)... the in thing in Hong Kong is whisky and red wide xx( I used to be partial to whisky and ginger wine but... mixing whisky with an alcoholic mixer is never a good idea:blush:

andyfraser

Über Member
According to Gary (proprietor of the Happy Chop Suey house and maker of the finest curry sauce in all of christendon)... the in thing in Hong Kong is whisky and red wide xx( I used to be partial to whisky and ginger wine but... mixing whisky with an alcoholic mixer is never a good idea:blush:
Whisky and ginger wine is what I'll be drinking Christmas day. I'll mix that with some wine at lunchtime and port in the evening and spend all of Boxing Day in bed.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I was once sat on an early flight to Schipol. When he trolley came round guy sitting next to me (obviously Dutch from the accent) asked for a coffee...and a cognac.
Couldn't stop myself from blurting out "That's a bloody good idea.Me too please"
Strong Coffee and a Cognac or other spirit for brekkie is not uncommon in France and oft seen on the ferry boat between Denmark and Sweden.

Top Bottom