£20ish malt whisky............any good ones ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I did a taste test at the Talisker distillery - with ice, neat, and with water. Adding ice completely killed the flavour, whereas adding water improved it considerably.
Done the same test at half a dozen distilleries, and at umpteen tasting sessions. I have to disagree with your conclusion that ice completely kills the flavour or even to the extent that you can't tell an Islay from a Highland.

If we get to ride together next year we can try it again.:cheers:

U

User482

Done the same test at half a dozen distilleries, and at umpteen tasting sessions. I have to disagree with your conclusion that ice completely kills the flavour or even to the extent that you can't tell an Islay from a Highland.

If we get to ride together next year we can try it again.:cheers:

Excellent idea. I'll take mine with no ice, and a little water. ;)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My local, reknowned for its whisky list, has 'Nikka from the Barrel" as its special whisky of the month @ 5.50 a shot. Normally 5 x that. Retails for about GBP35 for 50cl iirc.

51.4% proof and folk were drinking it neat this ,and moaning. More fool them as they are missing out. I just smiled; I've a full bottle on the dresser at home.

This had better be good - I've just bought a bottle for my dad's christmas. He knows his whiskies and I thought this might be a bit different from the usual Glenrothes or Macallan

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
"A bottle of your own brand single malt please" whilst pointing...

IMAG1662.jpg
I went back to the co-op today and there it was..........on the shelf :smile: so I bought a bottle and at the till it showed..............
£5.00 off :smile::smile::smile:............plus I got a voucher for £1.50 off my next purchase. I tried it (just finished a glass) and it is indeed very nice. Guess where I am going tomorrow !!!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I went back to the co-op today and there it was..........on the shelf :smile: so I bought a bottle and at the till it showed..............
£5.00 off :smile::smile::smile:............plus I got a voucher for £1.50 off my next purchase. I tried it (just finished a glass) and it is indeed very nice. Guess where I am going tomorrow !!!
If I could like this more than once...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Forget malts they're all bloody horrible.

A bottle of Justerini and Brooks, now sat in the boot of my car, 20 quid from Tescos. Job done.
All music is horrible
All curry is horrible
All red wine is horrible

Or maybe you've just not found the sort you like yet.

A bottle of Justerini what?

Glenn

Veteran
Not for your everyday snifter http://www.whiskyshopdufftown.com/shop/speymalt-macallan-1945-2/

The Whisky Shop in Dufftown is possible nirvana for the whisky drinkers here

jayonabike