£3k - What would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Same answer as I gave for the "only one bike" thread - audax type bike/ v-light tourer, lugged and brazed from one of the more blingy steels, mad by one or other respected frame-builder, brooks team pro ti saddle, tubus ti panner rack, mudguards, triple clanger gears, and bob's your unlcle

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Same answer as I gave for the "only one bike" thread - audax type bike/ v-light tourer, lugged and brazed from one of the more blingy steels, mad by one or other respected frame-builder, brooks team pro ti saddle, tubus ti panner rack, mudguards, triple clanger gears, and bob's your unlcle
Good definition of the bike I am least likely to buy.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
The new purchase:

030B23C7-F6A0-418C-B824-19D76263F59B.jpeg

My initial thoughts are here:

First ride...absolutely beaming!

Ok, the fit is only rough, based on the Noah SL, and need a longer stem and to swap my bars from the Bianchi, but this is a very different bike indeed.

It isn’t as fast as the Noah on the flat, for obvious reasons, but up the hills feels more efficient and descending is phenomenal! The Noah needs you to brake through the start of a corner in order to power down out of it. The Helium needs none of that. Actually, braking in the same manner only pulls it off course a bit. Letting myself relax and facing into the bend more results in this thing flying around the bends like we’re on rails!

I love it!

Standard Helium SL20 2016 model, aside from the wheels, tyres and saddle at this point. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom