£3k - What would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Reminded me of the promo film for the bike, as shy and retiring as Super Mario himself. No idea where they got the inspiration for this...

There is a certain irony in Mario riding in the mountains, when every Tour he did, he quit before the mountain stages....
Only slightly less bonkers, the vid for the Nuke TT bike.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Went to a nearby bike shop today and they have the Bond on display. Really nice in the standard paint finish. They have a barely used Ultegra equipped demo with FFWD F6R for a decent deal.

I was rather more taken by the Campagnolo on display though. It’s one of those created for the Campag Record EPS events. They bought two of them brand new and have this one built up.

Not the best pics, but you get the idea:

DCD34FEA-6BE2-49B4-A60C-2850047F357D.jpeg
A636C7EA-5917-4EF6-AB10-372C67ABFAEA.jpeg
23C209C5-2E60-4E13-AB19-A3406BBDE434.jpeg
02AB6E22-DABC-4E04-8B76-99D5C7382870.jpeg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Went to a nearby bike shop today and they have the Bond on display. Really nice in the standard paint finish. They have a barely used Ultegra equipped demo with FFWD F6R for a decent deal.

I was rather more taken by the Campagnolo on display though. It’s one of those created for the Campag Record EPS events. They bought two of them brand new and have this one built up.

Not the best pics, but you get the idea:

View attachment 402738 View attachment 402739 View attachment 402740 View attachment 402741
That is lovely.....

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Doesnt do it for me.......and dont you have a ridley noah sl, that would be similar to this??

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Doesnt do it for me.......and dont you have a ridley noah sl, that would be similar to this??
Which are you referring to? The Cipollini or the Sarto (Campag)?

The Cipo was similar to the Noah, so let that go. The Sarto is a lightweight climbers bike.

jowwy

Which are you referring to? The Cipollini or the Sarto (Campag)?

The Cipo was similar to the Noah, so let that go. The Sarto is a lightweight climbers bike.
I was refering to the cippo.........the sarto im not sure on, but only cause its campag and thats being picky

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I was refering to the cippo.........the sarto im not sure on, but only cause its campag and thats being picky
I am usually an Ultegra buyer, but the electronic Campag EPS did look and feel nice in the shop.

Suggestions for lightweight climbing bikes. Not an Emonda though, as my riding partner just bought a Race Shop version.

jowwy

I am usually an Ultegra buyer, but the electronic Campag EPS did look and feel nice in the shop.

Suggestions for lightweight climbing bikes. Not an Emonda though, as my riding partner just bought a Race Shop version.
Tbh mate i have nothing to suggest in that category........im 18+ stone so a lightweight climbing bike is of no use to me. Thats why Ti, etap and 1x is my bike of choice........along with a fully rigid allroad di2 mtb

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Tbh mate i have nothing to suggest in that category........im 18+ stone so a lightweight climbing bike is of no use to me. Thats why Ti, etap and 1x is my bike of choice........along with a fully rigid allroad di2 mtb
Shame, as you always seem to find well priced kit. Must be a Welsh thing. :smile:

Top Bottom