£499 for carbon fibre bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
£399 now
If only it went up and down hills as quick as its price!

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I've got one, £399 when "on sale"
image.jpg

Changed the stem for a slightly shorter one, added a spoon saddle, some new bar tape and some basic spd's.
It is true it's no lightweight for a carbon, fully kitted out with tools, pump, lights, bottles etc it's something like 10.5kg, but to me that's not bad for 400 notes. The "newer style" Sora works well and I've had no problems with any of the "components". I suppose I could upgrade the wheels and chainset if I really was that worried about it ( I may in the future) that may save 600g+ maybe? I've done several big rides since I got it last August including a 100 mile sportive and other rides up to 70 miles (obviously I'm no Steve Abraham ) probably taking it up to 1000 miles ish and guess what, nothing's fallen off or failed yet.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got one, £399 when "on sale"
View attachment 81790

Changed the stem for a slightly shorter one, added a spoon saddle, some new bar tape and some basic spd's.
It is true it's no lightweight for a carbon, fully kitted out with tools, pump, lights, bottles etc it's something like 10.5kg, but to me that's not bad for 400 notes. The "newer style" Sora works well and I've had no problems with any of the "components". I suppose I could upgrade the wheels and chainset if I really was that worried about it ( I may in the future) that may save 600g+ maybe? I've done several big rides since I got it last August including a 100 mile sportive and other rides up to 70 miles (obviously I'm no Steve Abraham ) probably taking it up to 1000 miles ish and guess what, nothing's fallen off or failed yet.
Quite a nice looking bike, no lightweight but for the price you can't moan.

outlash

also available in orange
Lighter & lifetime warranty on the (better) frame: http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b65s6p5226/CANNONDALE-CAAD8-2300-2013

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Doing a quick search gives approx 9.5kg WITHOUT all the accessories, so pretty much on a par with the Ventura, and it does have an inferior groupset, but it is cheap and it does have "Cannondale" written down the side if that floats your boat.

outlash

also available in orange
I have a Tiagra version and it was around 9 when I bought it, given 2300 is a little heavier it still comes in under 10kg. Nothing wrong with thumb shifters, I don't hear many Campag users moaning about them.

Doing a quick search gives approx 9.5kg WITHOUT all the accessories, so pretty much on a par with the Ventura, and it does have an inferior groupset, but it is cheap and it does have "Cannondale" written down the side if that floats your boat.

but wait:

it's something like 10.5kg

So you actually haven't got an actual figure of what your bike weighs. And yeah, I'd rather have a bike that has 'Canondale' written down the side because it means that it's made by a quality manufacturer with a decent warranty rather than something that's only sold in a store that sells everything except food and the warranty is about as much good as a chocolate fireguard.

Tony.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I have a Tiagra version and it was around 9 when I bought it, given 2300 is a little heavier it still comes in under 10kg. Nothing wrong with thumb shifters, I don't hear many Campag users moaning about them.

but wait:

So you actually haven't got an actual figure of what your bike weighs. And yeah, I'd rather have a bike that has 'Canondale' written down the side because it means that it's made by a quality manufacturer with a decent warranty rather than something that's only sold in a store that sells everything except food and the warranty is about as much good as a chocolate fireguard.

Tony.
I've weighed it loads of times then lost interest, would it be without pedals as in most spec sheets or with or without the saddle bag, tools, spare tube, pump, mudguards, bottle cages, bottles, lights etc etc etc.
My bike in its current guise in the picture weighs around 10.5 kg, if I fill both my bottles up for a long ride guess what, it weighs 12kg! And by the way so would your Caad.
You clearly don't like the bike as you have "previous" with me on this, I'm not getting into an argument about it again, I bought it because I wanted to, I could have bought a Dogma if I wanted to, a couple even! Get over it.

Top Bottom