£499 for carbon fibre bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a search facility and a what bike forum :whistle:

Comes up big according to the specific thread

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There's carbon fibre and there's carbon fibre. If you look at the Q&A on the site the manufacturers quoted weight is around 9.6k, which is 21Lb.

In today's terms that is no lightweight.

flyingfish

Don't know much about carbon bikes. But a lot about fishing rods. Huge differences in the materials used in cheap or expensive carbon
Pete

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Its not just about the frame. You normally get what you pay for and at that price there has to be some compromises. So the wheels will be fairly basic, the sora shifters and derailer are very entry level. you might find other areas where money has been saved on components like the chain rings and the bearings in the head and bottom bracket. Still it depends what you want it for. Winter bike? The odd Sunday ride out? Ect i expect it will be fine. But if you intend doing regular 400 mile months on it next year then you will probably find you will have to start uprating the components sooner rather than later.
Hope this helps.

kiriyama

Carbon doesnt mean good. Its heavier than my aloy bike and will end up costing more money when the budget componants break/fail or need maintainance. Might as well spend more to start with to get a bike with higher quality components that will last longer. In other words false economy. Also last time I bought a bike from argos what arrived looked very little like the picture on the website and for some reason it stunk of fish!

Top Bottom