£499 for carbon fibre bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Buy two dogmas, pics with the bikes, receipts etc etc and get back to us. Until then, I'll assume you're talking crap.
But that's the whole point, I don't want to! It's all about choice, not money. If you don't believe me that's your prerogative, I couldn't give a monkeys lol.
People like you make me chuckle, read back the posts, where have I said "don't buy an expensive bike"? You have attacked me (again) for owning a bike from Argos that didn't cost a lot because "it must be crap" and you don't like it.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
No I'll stick with the Ventura thanks, but my statement stands, I could, if I wanted, go and buy a couple, that would of course be silly, as the extra expense over the Ventura would what - make me a bit quicker? Oh and I would look really "flash" nah, I'll stick with my crap Argos bike, it does what I want it to, that's good enough for me.

outlash

also available in orange
And my statement still stands. Unless you're prepared to back up your claim that you can buy two dogmas and provide proof, I'll assume you're talking out of your backside.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Ha ha, you can't bear the thought that I actually chose this bike (and it might be half decent) and that I actually have a few quid in the bank aswell, and I'm not a peasant, it just doesn't add up to you does it?
In your mind - I must be poor, as I chose to buy a bike from Argos! Laughable.
I could buy two, but not three, I'm not that rich.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nothing wrong with looking after your pennies so there's no need to pretend your not a tight git ^_^

outlash

also available in orange
Ha ha, you can't bear the thought that I actually chose this bike (and it might be half decent) and that I actually have a few quid in the bank aswell, and I'm not a peasant, it just doesn't add up to you does it?
In your mind - I must be poor, as I chose to buy a bike from Argos! Laughable.
I could buy two, but not three, I'm not that rich.

Let me tell you a little secret, when you get round to spending some of that hard earned on a better bike (might even be a dogma or two, who knows?), ride it for a while and you'll realise that your Argos bike was indeed a little bit rubbish but your ego won't let you admit that. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me ;).

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
This is an odd little thread,
Man buys bike,
Man says he likes bike
Man gets told his bike is crap and he shouldn't like it :crazy:

For what it's worth I think it's a nice looking bike @Justinslow and there's only one person it needs to make happy, gawd only knows what people would think of the thing I'm riding at the moment, I might even post a picture :laugh:, but right now it's doing what I need it to do :thumbsup:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Let me tell you a little secret, when you get round to spending some of that hard earned on a better bike (might even be a dogma or two, who knows?), ride it for a while and you'll realise that your Argos bike was indeed a little bit rubbish but your ego won't let you admit that. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me ;).
I might do that, and that is the great thing about choice!
But there you go again - saying my bike is rubbish! HOW DO YOU KNOW?

bigjim

Legendary Member
Is this not the carbon road bike Halfords were selling under the Carrera brand a couple of years ago? One of the lads in the club bought one. He paid £800 for it and was very happy with the deal. Though on one trip he had a puncture and we found there was crap rim tape on the wheel so spoke did the damage.
16794421512_0cd0cc5fbe_z.jpg

Top Bottom