£7.19 bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
montage said:
NO.

you paid for all the bar tape, therefore the full cost counts.

No, shut up, its the £3.09 and a halp P bike.
Im going to sell off the bar tape to some pleb to try and regain costs, then i will come and laugh at you while you spend lots building yours up:evil:;):laugh:;)

montage

God Almighty
Joe I have photos of my project bike.....I just need to work out how to resize them and get them onto the forum ;)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

montage said:
Joe I have photos of my project bike.....I just need to work out how to resize them and get them onto the forum ;)

Oh dear. The youth of today;)
Get them posted!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You know...these £3 bikes and stuff.....

A colleague said he'd raided his dad's spares the other week - this was the guy I kept going on properly buckled/dented wheels for over 6 months by my slight of hand wheel truing.......;)

Anyway....... Charge Spoon saddle, new chain, new wheels.... I said.... "be OK if my dad had 'spares' like those"..........

OP
OP
J

Joe24

montage said:
joe - photos of mine are up. Sounds like I need friends like you (and fossy!)

If your in a club, i can bet you that people will be there to help you out, you just have to know who to ask to see if they have bits.
I got given a frame, and all it was missing was the wheels! It had full mudguards, handlebars, brake levers, brakes, brake cables, chain, crankset, pedals, stem, seat pin, seat.
All thats left on that frame is the bottom bracket, is stripped everything else off it. The wheels i got given by two people in the club, who have a garage/shed full of cycle stuff they have just built up over the years, and when someone asks if they have something they usually have on lieing around.
I asked for a bolt one time, and one of the guys pulled this tin out which had cotter pins in, mech hangers and various other old bolts that he had built up over the many years he had been cycling.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

bonj said:
should have flogged off the mudguards to buy bar tape
arch would have snapped your hand off

Not gold though! They were those full SKS chromo whatever the **** thingys.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
bonj said:
should have flogged off the mudguards to buy bar tape
arch would have snapped your hand off

Stop it.......

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Heres an update of the bike. I changed the looks of it slightly.#
Image050-1.jpg

Image053-1.jpg

Image054-1.jpg

Thats a pringles top in the back spokes, or as i will tell idiot car drivers, a tax disc;)
Its got some random sticker on that a mate put on to add some class. Its getting wrote on tomorrow i think:becool:
Oh, and thats some old chain around the stem to add some bling. I would of loved it to be gold, but i didnt have any ;)
And here is the frame i got the bits from. Its a right off, the forks(they are in the bag) are completely bent and a few tubes on the frame are bent aswell.
Image052-1.jpg

I rode the mile and abit to the bikeshop with it like this before going off to 6th form:becool:
Its a cool bike:becool: Many people at school have given it a go and it has either scared them, made them laugh or amazed them.
It gets safely locked up to a radiator:thumbsup:

bonj2

what your blue frame's a write off ?;) is that the new one - how did that happen, you didn't crash did you?

oh and i can't help noticing but those handlebars are on the wrong way round.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

bonj said:
what your blue frame's a write off ?;) is that the new one - how did that happen, you didn't crash did you?

oh and i can't help noticing but those handlebars are on the wrong way round.

No, thats a mates one. My blue frame is different to that.
The frame in my bag is one he crashed on, someone opened a car door on him. I should of taken a picture of the forks they really were bad:eek:
Those handlebars are on the wrong way around Bonj, they are very nice to ride on. And the thing i love is i power along past all these people trying to go fast, and people on road bikes, and im going along leaning over my bars spinning fast in a pretty upright position:laugh:

thomas

the tank engine
montage said:
NO.

you paid for all the bar tape, therefore the full cost counts.

nah. The rest of the bar tape counts as an asset which he can use in the future :evil:.

You might have said, but where did you get the frame?

Top Bottom