£700 on a Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Links? Better still post the two specs

Looking at the website, unless you are small, you'll struggle to get a 5, only got the 48cm frame online

Last edited:
OP
OP
September

September

Links? Better still post the two specs

Looking at the website, unless you are small, you'll struggle to get a 5, only got the 48cm frame online
Ah, well in that case, don't stress it. Thank you. :smile:

OP
OP
September

September

@KennaughKickIt

Update

I went back into Decathlon today and had a good 10 minutes on the Triban SE and non-SE in both 57 and 60.

The non-SE is a tad nicer to ride due to complete SORA groupset (particularly the gear levers themselves). However, I spoke with the staff and they think the Microshift stuff is fine and that I should pocket the £80 difference and take the SE... I think I'm going to kick myself if I don't get the non-SE version though...

As for sizing, he told me that I would be a 60 and he was a different staff member to the one last week. I had the seat at the same height on both bikes and I think I preferred the 57. However, (again), I told the guy that I preferred the 57 and he said I was certainly a 60. He then proceeded to say I would get more overall comfort from a 60 but the 57 would be a faster bike (obviously).

All in all, it was a good experience and it was nice to get a few solid runs on each bike. As it stands, I think I'll be getting the Triban 500 at this point.

But with the sales coming up, I'm certainly go to wait until I get back from my Holiday in September. It's more or less only 30 days away but I'm itching to pull the trigger now.... It's a little sad that I'm looking forward to this bike as much as my holiday.......

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@KennaughKickIt

Update

I went back into Decathlon today and had a good 10 minutes on the Triban SE and non-SE in both 57 and 60.

The non-SE is a tad nicer to ride due to complete SORA groupset (particularly the gear levers themselves). However, I spoke with the staff and they think the Microshift stuff is fine and that I should pocket the £80 difference and take the SE... I think I'm going to kick myself if I don't get the non-SE version though...

As for sizing, he told me that I would be a 60 and he was a different staff member to the one last week. I had the seat at the same height on both bikes and I think I preferred the 57. However, (again), I told the guy that I preferred the 57 and he said I was certainly a 60. He then proceeded to say I would get more overall comfort from a 60 but the 57 would be a faster bike (obviously).

All in all, it was a good experience and it was nice to get a few solid runs on each bike. As it stands, I think I'll be getting the Triban 500 at this point.

But with the sales coming up, I'm certainly go to wait until I get back from my Holiday in September. It's more or less only 30 days away but I'm itching to pull the trigger now.... It's a little sad that I'm looking forward to this bike as much as my holiday.......
I rode microshift for a while and its fine , a more positive click which i liked compared to shimano , LBS said the same about it being a positive feel .
Today i have been trying to get the shifter angle on both bikes the same and i have come to the conclusion i prefer the hood shape of shimano but prefer the shift feel of sram !

OP
OP
September

September

I didn't really pay attention to those details! >.<

I wouldn't mind pocketing the £80 though and I do prefer the blue trim on the SE. I could use the spare £80 to get those wheels that you recommended @cyberknight .... Hmmm, that's got me thinking now...

OP
OP
September

September

No trouble! I'd quite like to try the felt too... I think I could live with 9 gears. I only use 7 now. :|

If the 2014 Felt F75 comes down to near ~£400 after my Holiday, I'll be mighty tempted by that unless there's another great bargain to be had.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have been away for the weekend but the Felt is in my crosshairs tomorrow. :wahhey:
The F95? Order today from Tredz, £599 - £35

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Felt-F95-2014-Road-Bike_67293.htm

uclown2002

Guru
Top Bottom