🎵These are a few of our favourite hills🎵

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oooh! Will have to try that. It's not on my current list, but there are three nearby that are. Have you done any of the ones marked?

View attachment 692784

No tend to go further down, Llangollen, Chirk etc, a bit lumpy but lovely!

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
No tend to go further down, Llangollen, Chirk etc, a bit lumpy but lovely!

Have rock climbed there a few time. Only cycled once one my first cycling trip.away with my OH. We went up Horseshoe Pass. Great fun. Would love to go back. Did you see the Hardest Hundred based around Llangollen that Ed Laverack put on YouTube? 😳😯

Tomm Williams

Probably my favorite hill as it has 12 miles of 3750’ of uninterrupted climbing with a total for the ride of over 4000’. It’s a rarity in that it’s a very well maintained paved road that doesn’t go anywhere significant at all, very little traffic (some days zero).

Attachments

• IMG_7009.png
    IMG_7009.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 3

presta

Guru
I think my favourite climbs would have to be the Lakeland passes, being as that's my favourite part of the country. The climb I must have done more than any other will be the west side of Beacon Hill at Wickham Bishops, being as it's the nearest bit of high ground, and was included in most of my training rides. 207' in 1.02 miles = 3.8% mean, 9% peak.

Alex321

Veteran
I'm cheating by picking 2 done one after the other on the Dragon ride 2019 , the Blwch (not Blwch y gross ) 5.8km at 6% steepest 22% descend that then climb Rhigos 6.2km at 4% steepest 7% then a super fast descent best 15 miles of riding I've ever done
The Blwch comes quite near the start so riders are still fairly bunched up halfway up there's a hairpin bend where you see the top and bottom and the road was covered by hundreds of riders in the sunshine which was quite a sight

Presumably that was going up the Bwlch from the Port Talbot direction. I've been down that way, but only gone up (twice) from Nant-y-Moel. I do like that climb. Quite long, but not steep, you can just settle into a rhythm and keep going.

Another, very different, climb I like is Tyn-y-Coed road up to Pentyrch from Creigiau. Only a Cat 4, rather than the cat 3 of the Bwlch, but because it is a bit shorter, and variable in steepness, probably harder.

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Probably my favorite hill as it has 12 miles of 3750’ of uninterrupted climbing with a total for the ride of over 4000’. It’s a rarity in that it’s a very well maintained paved road that doesn’t go anywhere significant at all, very little traffic (some days zero).

Where about is this?

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
My favourite is Chebsey Bank, a little sprackle in my village - it’s only 18m from foot to summit, according to Strava! You need to sprint hard around the bend at the bottom to carry enough speed onto the steeper part.
https://strava.app.link/Kjs1W8qKlAb

A few villages along, there’s Raddle Bank, which is a pleasant little climb with steep hairpins at the bottom, a false-flat in the middle with great views to the left over the ruins of Croxden Abbey, finishing with a dead-straight steepening drag up to Hollington.
https://strava.app.link/V6O24LpMlAb

Top Bottom